Oregon Bad Faith Insurance Claims Lawyer
Every denied claim is not necessarily insurance bad faith, but we can evaluate your case thoroughly to consider all your options and advise you on the best course of action for your full and fair recovery. Oregon law imposes general obligations on insurers. If insurers violate laws or perform any of the following unfair claim settlement practices, we can collect attorney’s fees and other damages:
- Delaying payment of claim, stonewalling
- Failing to acknowledge and act promptly on claims communications
- Failing to investigate claims reasonable and promptly
- Failing to pay or deny payment of claim within a reasonable time
- Delaying investigation or payment of claims by requiring a claimant to the claimant’s physician to submit a preliminary claim report, and then requiring subsequent loss forms when both require essentially the same information
- Refusing to defend insured if sued
- Refusing reasonable settlement offers
- Denying coverage outright without proper explanation of the basis relied on in the insurance policy
- Not attempting, in good faith, to settle claims promptly in which liability has become reasonably clear
- Compelling claimants to initiate litigation to recover compensation by offering substantially less than amounts ultimately recovered in actions brought by claimants
- Attempting to settle claims on the basis of an application altered without notice or consent of the applicant
Contact a Portland Insurance Bad Faith Attorney
All of our cases are in the end against the insurance company for the negligent party, and it’s the insurance company, not the company or person, that pays the settlement or verdict. When an insurance company puts your well-being and the financial well-being of your family in jeopardy, when they wrongfully refuse to pay your claim, or when they play games because they want to settle cheap and put you at risk of being sued, contact an experienced bad faith insurance lawyer. Call The Johnston Law Firm at 503-546-3167 or fill out our free confidential case evaluation form on the bottom. We offer a free initial consultation and flexible hours by appointment.
The Johnston Law Firm, LLC proudly represents clients in all cities and counties in Oregon: Portland, Gresham, Milwaukie, Lake Oswego, Tigard, Beaverton, Hillsboro, Multnomah, Washington, Clackamas.
Don’t miss out on these common personal injury mistakes.
Free Confidential Case Evaluation
Contact us today at
We’re conveniently located in downtown Portland, and we offer flexible hours by appointment.