How An Attorney Can Help You Recover Damages
Speaking with a car accident attorney is just the first step in beginning your car accident claim. If you call the Johnston Law Firm, they will listen to your story and assess whether they can help you in your case, or if there is another attorney who might suit your case better. If you do indeed hire Attorney Marc Johnston and his dedicated team, they will do the following:
- Gather all necessary info from you, the insurance companies, police, witnesses and any other pertinent party.
- Examine what happened in this accident and what can be done
- Organize medical bills and records
- Establish fault
- Recover testimony
- Prepare for trial if necessary
This team will be by your side and will handle the insurance companies while you focus on getting back to full health.
Determining Liability in Car Accident Cases in Troutdale
Hiring a car accident lawyer for your case will allow an experienced and hardworking team to be on your side no matter what. You will have Attorney Marc Johnston and his team representing and fighting for what is best for YOU. Insurance companies will not have this mindset for you.
This aspect of the case can sometimes be very simple. You were rear ended and committed no fault. In this case, an insurance company, most likely, will accept full liability. But in other circumstances, it could get messy, and you do not want to deal with messy situations. Especially when they involve large corporate insurance companies. Let your motor vehicle accident attorney handle it, you handle you and your family’s well-being.
Helpful Tips for Car Accident Victims
In a situation such as a car accident, there are so many unknowns, and chances are that you do not know exactly what to do after being in one. And that is ok, but here are a few helpful tips to know if this ever comes up in your life:
- Call the Troutdale police department to report the accident
- Gather all the information of the other driver (s): driver’s license, license plate, insurance company, vehicle damage, cross street, missing car pieces if there are any (photos of these items are helpful)
- Do not say anything to the other driver about what happened, just make sure everyone is OK and safely get yourself home or to medical care if needed.
- When you get home, call the insurance company and report the accident.
- Do not give any recorded statements to any insurance company. They will call, possibly multiple times a week. You have no obligation to answer these calls.
- When you have reported this accident to the DMV and your insurance company, contact your car accident lawyer.
Contacting an Experienced Car Accident Lawyer in Troutdale
Have you or a loved one been injured or have passed away from those injuries in a car accident? If so, call a motor vehicle accident attorney in Troutdale and begin the process of getting back what you lost. The Johnston Law Firm will listen to you and provide you with honest and straightforward advice for your next step. Call us today at 503-546-3167.
Free Confidential Case Evaluation
Contact us today at
to get a FREE, confidential case evaluation
We’re conveniently located in downtown Portland, and we offer flexible hours by appointment.