Start your free case review
Beaverton Accident Lawyer
About Johnston Law Firm
Located just seven miles west of Portland, Beaverton is the perfect place for those who want more peace and quiet than the city offers, have a family and care about good public schools, or just appreciate the proximity to downtown Portland. Whether driving around Beaverton or commuting to Portland for work or pleasure, car accidents are a common phenomenon in this city. If you or a loved one has been involved in a Beaverton car accident, our experienced Beaverton personal injury law firm wants to help you.
Injuries and Damages
from Car Accidents
The degree of damages, including the severity of injuries, that a person who is involved in a car crash may suffer depends on the amount of force involved in the accident. Force is determined by the mass of the vehicles involved (greater mass equals more force), as well as the speed at which vehicles are traveling (force=mass x velocity). This means that if you are in a collision that occurs at high speeds, especially if that collision involves a larger vehicle, the risk of damages to your vehicle and your person are great. After your Beaverton crash, you may be dealing with:
- Physical injuries, ranging from back and neck injuries, soft tissue injuries, head and brain injuries, broken bone injuries, internal injuries, and more. Some of the most serious injuries that result from car accidents are traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, and amputation injuries.
- Property damage to your vehicle, which can be costly to repair. If the accident was severe, your vehicle may be totaled, and you may need a new car.
- Medical expenses, which may total into the thousands, tens of thousands, or even hundreds of thousands of dollars. Medical expenses often comprise the bulk of a car accident claim.
- Lost wages if you have been unable to work as a result of your injury. Sometimes, a person is unable to return to their job indefinitely.
- Physical pain, suffering, and emotional distress as a result of the injury. This type of harm is intangible, but you deserve to be compensated for it nonetheless.
At Johnston Law Firm, our Beaverton car accident attorneys are passionate about making sure you get the maximum compensation award possible after a motor vehicle accident. This compensation will help pay for lost wages, medical bills, and more! Contact our car accident lawyers if you’ve been involved in a Beaverton accident.
Steps to Take After a
After a crash, you may feel overwhelmed and uncertain about what your rights are or what steps you should take. Because our lawyers have dealt with many Oregon car accident cases and are able to guide you through the process and protect your right to fair compensation. Important steps to take after a crash (when possible) include:
- File a police report. You should file a report with the police as soon as possible, preferably while still at the scene of the accident. This will help in many ways if personal injury lawsuits occur.
- Gather evidence. If you are seriously injured, you may be unable to do this. However, if possible, gather evidence at the scene of the auto accident by talking with eyewitnesses, photographing damages at the scene, and getting the other driver’s information.
- Seek medical care. Perhaps the most important thing that you can do after a crash is to seek medical care. Getting treatment for your injuries is important for your health and wellbeing, but also establishes a link between the car crash and your damages.
- Report the crash to your insurer. Don’t make the mistake of failing to call your insurance company after the crash, even if you weren’t at fault. You must provide your insurer with notice.
- Reach out to a Beaverton car accident attorney. The sooner that you reach out to an attorney, the earlier that your attorney can start investigating your case and adding up your damages.
Mistakes to Avoid when
Dealing with the Insurance Company
After a car accident, you will likely have to deal with an insurance company. You may have to file a claim with your own insurer to obtain personal injury protection (PIP) benefits. You may also have to file a claim with the negligent driver’s insurance company to claim additional compensation, such as pain and suffering. The insurance company may act as though they want to work to offer you the full compensation you deserve. Unfortunately, they do not.
Insurance companies prioritize their own profits, not helping accident victims. They will use many strategies to try and shift the blame to you, so they can avoid paying out on higher settlements. Car accident victims often make mistakes that only make it easier for the insurer to reduce their settlement. You must avoid these mistakes to ensure you receive the full settlement you are entitled to. The most common mistakes made when dealing with the insurance company are as follows:
- Allowing the insurance company to record your statements
- Saying things unintentionally that could hurt your case, such as saying that you did not see the other vehicle coming
- Making statements that make it seem as though you were at fault, such as even apologizing the crash happened at all
- Minimizing the severity of your injuries
- Allowing the insurer to tell you where to receive medical treatment
- Signing a release that would allow the insurer to obtain your medical records
- Signing any documents before they are reviewed by an attorney
To avoid making the above mistakes and hurting your case, it is best to work with a lawyer. An attorney will know the tactics insurance companies use and how to avoid them to protect your case. A lawyer will speak to and negotiate with the insurer on your behalf so you claim the full damages you deserve.
Don’t miss out on these common personal injury mistakes.
How Our Beaverton Car Accident
Attorney Can Help
If you are involved in a crash in Beaverton that is serious, a car accident attorney can help you to recover the settlement you deserve. At the Johnston Law Firm, our lawyer will serve you by investigating your case, working with experts to gather evidence and build your claim, handling all paperwork and claim documents, calculating your damages, reviewing your settlement offer, negotiating your settlement offer, and advising you on next steps to take. If a settlement cannot be reached, our lawyer can represent you in litigation.
Contact Us for a FREE Consultation
– Michelle E.
Mr. Johnston and his firm were incredibly thorough in getting us a fair settlement from our insurance company with little to no pressure. We really appreciated having someone who truly cared about us every step of the way. I would highly recommend the Johnston Law Firm to anyone in need of personal injury representation.
Consult With A
Beaverton Car Accident Lawyer Today
We know how devastating a car accident is. Contact our Beaverton car accident lawyer at the Johnston Law Firm today for a free consultation and the advice and representation you need. Our lawyer will aggressively advocate for you. Reach us today at (503) 546-3167.
Contact Us for a FREE Consultation
If you have been seriously injured at no fault of your own, please contact us using the form.
CALL 503-546-3167 NOW