Start your free case review
Experienced Car Accident
Injured Victims in Tigard, OR
As the state’s 12th-largest city, Tigard is no stranger to congestion, traffic, and car accidents. In fact, there are numerous car accidents reported in the area on a yearly basis, some of which are fatal. At the law offices of the Johnston Law Firm, our Tigard car accident attorneys can help you if you or a loved one has been involved in a crash. We are here to support you throughout the claims process and improve your chances of recovering the settlement you deserve.
About Johnston Law Firm
Steps of a Tigard Auto
After a car accident, it’s important that you take certain steps to preserve your right to compensation. What’s more, it’s also necessary that you understand how the auto insurance claim process unfolds and what you should expect along the way. In addition to filing a report with the police, gathering any evidence that you can while still at the scene of the accident, and seeking medical care immediately, other important steps to be aware of include:
- Insurance company investigation. After you inform your insurance company of the accident, it will open an investigation into the crash and your damages, led by the insurance adjuster assigned to your claim. It’s important that you conduct your own investigation simultaneously, which should be led by a Tigard car accident lawyer. During the investigation, evidence to prove fault, causation, and damages will be collected.
- Policy review. After it has completed its investigation, the insurance company will review your policy (or the policy of its driver if you are filing a claim against another at-fault party) to determine whether or not the damages you’ve suffered and the cause of those damages are within the boundaries of the insurance policy. Again, it is recommended that you conduct your own review simultaneously, with the assistance of a lawyer, to ensure that the insurance company isn’t engaging in bad faith practices.
- Settlement offer. After evidence has been collected, fault determined, damages calculated, and a policy reviewed, an insurance company will offer you a settlement. When you receive the settlement, you have the right to reject the settlement if it does not fully compensate you for your harm.
- Settlement negotiations. If you reject a settlement, you can engage in settlement negotiations – you should be represented by an attorney during this process. The negotiations phase can take weeks or months, depending on the details of your case. If negotiations are unsuccessful and you and the insurance adjuster cannot come to an agreement, you maintain the right to file a lawsuit against the at-fault party for the full value of your damages.
Don’t miss out on these common personal injury mistakes.
How Our Tigard Car
Accident Lawyers Will Help
Being involved in a car accident is terrifying and, if your accident is severe, you may suffer damages that change your life. Recognizing this, your Tigard car accident lawyers will fiercely advocate for you and your interests. You can count on our lawyers to:
- Investigate your claim;
- Hire relevant experts and to front the costs of these experts;
- Review your policy;
- Determine fault;
- Calculate your damages, including the value of your economic damages, such as lost wages and medical expenses, and noneconomic damages, such as the value of your pain and suffering;
- Review a settlement offer;
- Negotiate your settlement;
- Handle all claim documents and evidence;
- Advise you of the next steps to take;
- Represent you in litigation.
Don’t Wait Too
Long Take Action
It can be extremely challenging to initiate the claims process after a crash, especially if you’ve been seriously injured. Not only may you be physically prevented from beginning the process, but emotionally, too – starting the claims process may mean reliving the crash, which can be very painful to do psychologically. However, as difficult as it may be, it is important that you start the claims process as soon as possible. You only have two years from the date of your accident to file a claim, and if you wait longer than this, you will be permanently barred from recovery per Oregon’s statute of limitations. In addition to ensuring that your suit is pursued within the required time frame, it’s also important to start the process early for the purpose of preserving evidence.
Contact Us for a FREE Consultation
– Michelle E.
Mr. Johnston and his firm were incredibly thorough in getting us a fair settlement from our insurance company with little to no pressure. We really appreciated having someone who truly cared about us every step of the way. I would highly recommend the Johnston Law Firm to anyone in need of personal injury representation.
Call Our Tigard Car Accident Law Firm Today
If you have questions about your car accident claim and how our lawyers can help, please call our Tigard car accident attorneys directly today at (503) 546-3167. We offer free consultations, and can start working on your case immediately.
Contact Us for a FREE Consultation
If you have been seriously injured at no fault of your own, please contact us using the form.
CALL 503-546-3167 NOW