MARC A. JOHNSTON
Marc Johnston is the owner and managing attorney of Johnston Law Firm, P.C.Attorney Johnston’s 15+ year legal career has been dedicated to representing individuals and their families who have been injured or killed by negligent drivers and corporations. His focus on trial law creates the backbone of the Johnston Law Firm — a firm that is ready to go the distance in seeking justice for its clients.
Mr. Johnston graduated, cum laude, from the Gonzaga University School of Law, where he participated in the following activities and received the following honors
From 2006 to 2009, Marc was the founder and head coach of the Reed College Mock Trial Program, where he taught and shared litigation skills with college students. After starting the program, Mr. Johnston led the team to a national competition, where it received an honorable mention in only the second year of the program’s existence.
Marc is a board member of the Oregon New Lawyer Division, where he represents more than one-third of the attorneys in the state. Johnston Law Firm, P.C. is also proud of its work on the board of the Loan Repayment Assistance Program (LRAP), which assists lower income attorneys to continue their work in public service sectors.
Attorney Johnston also works on the Oregon State Bar Mentor Task Force, which is preparing to implement an extensive and broad-ranging attorney mentor program in Oregon.
These and many other affiliations keep our firm active in the community, helping others pursue opportunities and remain engaged.
Awards & Affiliations
- Oregon LRAP
(Law School Loan Repayment Assistance Program),
Representative, 2010 – Present
- Oregon State Bar Mentoring Taskforce,
2010 – Present
- Oregon New Lawyers Division,
Board Member, 2009 – Present
- Oregon Trial Lawyers Association,
Member, 2009 – Present
- Gonzaga Alumni Committee,
Sports Director of Portland Chapter, 2006 – Present
- Oregon New Lawyers Division
Member Services Committee Chair, 2006-2009
Board Member, 2009-present
- American Bar Association, Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section and Business Law Section, 2003-present
- Reed College Mock Trial Program,
Head Coach 2006-2009
- $1.5 Million
- $1.4 Million
Mother hit by distracted driver who ran a stop sign.
- $1.3 Million
Pedestrian hit by drunk driver.
- $1 Million
Heart patient died during surgery due to hospital power failure.
- Confidential 7 Figure Settlement
Failure to diagnose a stroke – emergency room negligence.
Motorist injured by negligent 18-wheel truck driver.
Bicyclist hit by box truck.
- Focus Groups: Same Concept, Different Approach. Trial Lawyer (Fall, 2020)
- A Creative & Humanistic Strategy for Defeating Intolerable ERISA Liens. Trial Lawyer (Summer, 2019)
- Case Note, Bailey v. Lewis Farms: Cause of Action Against Prior Owner of Automobile for Failure to Maintain. Marc Johnston (October, 2007)
- The Supreme Court’s New Take on Punitive Damages in State Farm v. Cambell: Criticism and Strategies for Plaintiffs’ Lawyers Navigating the New Rules, Marc A. Johnston, 39 TORT TRIAL AND INSURANCE PRACTICE L.J., 1093 (2004) (winner of Tort Trial Insurance Practice Section national writing competition)
- The Illusion of Insurance, Client Briefing and Newsletter, Parsons Farnell & Grein, (Summer 2006).