HILLSBORO PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERStart your free case review
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Top-Tier Hillsboro
About Johnston Law Firm
Hillsboro is the county seat of Washington County, Oregon and is part of the Portland metropolitan area. Starting as a small railroad town in the 1800’s, Hillsboro is now a vibrant area with a population of more than 91,000. The area is home to the “Silicon Forest,” which refers to a gathering of tech companies including Intel, Hewlett-Packard, and many more. This technological center brings many individuals and families to the Hillsboro area.
In addition to the wide variety of professional opportunities, there are a number of historical sites including the Old Scotch Church. Residents and visitors alike can enjoy performances by the Oregon Chorale and the Hillsboro Symphony Orchestra, as well as productions put on by the Hillsboro Artists’ Regional Theatre. Other popular attractions include the Washington County Museum, various performance and gallery spaces, and many different parks and recreational facilities.
Though Hillsboro has many different attractions and benefits for people who live, work, or simply visit there, the same risks of injury exist in Hillsboro as an other city. Everyday, individuals are injured in auto collisions, crosswalk accidents, and many other kinds of preventable accidents. If you have sustained any injuries in or around Hillsboro, it is important to discuss your situation with an experienced personal injury attorney at Johnston Law Firm, P.C. as soon as possible.
Don’t miss out on these common personal injury mistakes.
Rights Of Injured Victims In Hillsboro
Many different kinds of accidents can result in personal injuries and, if you want to seek compensation from the responsible party, you should ensure you speak with an attorney familiar with your types of case. For example, if you have sustained a pedestrian injury, you should make sure your lawyer understands the liability issues in this type of case. If you have been in a vehicle collision, it is critical to have an experienced car accident lawyer on your side.
Along with other types of cases our Hillsboro, OR personal injury attorney has experience with:
- Car Accidents: Motor vehicle collisions are reported every day in our region. These crashes happen for a wide variety of different reasons. Every serious crash in Hillsboro requires a thorough investigation, Our firm is committed to holding the big insurance companies accountable. Hurt in a crash in Hillsboro? Contact us today for a free case review.
- Pedestrian Collisions: Pedestrian safety matters. When motorists fail to properly account for pedestrians, devastating, catastrophic, and fatal accidents can occur. Hurt in a pedestrian crash in Hillsboro? We can help. Call our law firm today for immediate help with your case.
- Semi-Truck Crashes: Truckers, truck companies, and other businesses involved in trucking must take proper safety precautions. Sadly, negligence remains a serious problem in the industry. We hold big corporations accountable for carelessness and recklessness. Contact our Hillsboro, OR semi-truck accident attorney today for your free consultation.
- Motorcycle Wrecks: Hurt in a motorcycle crash in Hillsboro? You need a top attorney on your side. Sadly, riders often face unjust stereotypes when navigating the personal injury claims process. We have the specialized expertise that injured motorcyclists can count on.
- Medical Malpractice: Medical malpractice occurs when a healthcare professional’s negligence causes harm to a patient. Examples include misdiagnosis, incorrect treatment, and surgical errors. Contact our Hillsboro medical malpractice lawyer today.
- Product Liability: Product liability refers to cases where consumers are harmed by defective or dangerous products. Manufacturers, distributors, or sellers may be held liable if their product causes injury due to design flaws, manufacturing defects, or insufficient warnings or instructions. We take on all types of product liability cases in Oregon.
- Workplace Injuries: Workplace injuries encompass any injuries or illnesses that occur in the work environment or as a result of job duties. We handle workers’ comp claims, workers’ comp appeals, and third party liability cases in Hillsboro.
- Other Personal Injury Claims: Our Hillsboro attorneys help victims and families with other types of personal injury cases as well, including slip and fall accidents, animal bites, negligent security, and physical assault.
- Wrongful Death Claims: Wrongful death claims arise when a person’s death is caused by the negligence or misconduct of another party. Surviving family members can seek compensation for losses like funeral expenses, loss of income, and non-economic damages, such as loss of love, loss of companionship, and loss of parental guidance.
Your Guide to Personal Injury Law in Oregon
Navigating the personal injury laws can be challenging. If you find yourself involved dealing with any type of serious accident in Hillsboro, it is crucial that you have general knowledge of your rights and your options. Personal injury cases are typically regulated by state law. Here are some of the essential things to understand about the personal injury laws in Oregon:
- Fault Matters: In Oregon, the person who is at fault for causing the injury is generally held responsible for the damages. The at-fault party’s insurance typically covers the medical bills, property damages, and other losses suffered by the injured party. For this reason, it is imperative that all serious accidents are investigated by a skilled Hillsboro, OR attorney.
- Negligence is the Based of Liability (Most Cases): Although there are some limited exceptions—such as in a defective product claim—most personal injury claims in Oregon are based on negligence. It means that the person causing the injury failed to act with reasonable care, thereby causing harm to another person.
- Modified Comparative Fault: You are not barred from recovery merely because you are deemed responsible for a small share of your own accident in Hillsboro. Oregon uses a “modified comparative fault” rule. You can still recover damages even if you are partially at fault for your injuries—as long as you are not responsible for 51 percent (or more) of the accident. However, your compensation will be reduced by the percentage of your fault.
- Two-Year Statute of Limitations: You do not have an unlimited amount of time to file a personal injury lawsuit in Oregon. Our state has a strict statute of limitations. With only narrow exceptions, Oregon law requires you to file a personal injury claim within two years from the date of the injury. Be proactive: Speak to a top Hillsboro, OR personal injury lawyer.
We Help Injured Victims Maximize their Financial Recovery
Were you or a loved one seriously injured in an accident in Hillsboro? It is crucial that you are able to secure the compensation that you need to pay bills and support yourself and your family members. Sadly, you cannot rely on any insurance companies to look out for your best interests. Insurers want to resolve personal injury liability for as little as possible. Whether it is personal injury litigation or personal injury settlement negotiations, insurers will not put your needs first. Our Hillsboro, OR personal injury attorneys have the professional expertise that you can trust. Along with other types of damages, you may be able to recover financial compensation for:
- Property damage, including vehicle repairs;
- Ambulance costs and emergency medical care;
- Hospital bills, medical bills, and other health costs;
- Loss of wages and loss of earning power;
- Pain and suffering & emotional anguish;
- Long-term disability or physical impairment; and
- Wrongful death of a family member.
How Hillsboro Personal Injury Lawyer Marc A. Johnston Can Help
Prior to filing a legal claim with the Washington County courts, you may be able to obtain the financial recovery you deserve for your injuries by filing an insurance claim. While many people believe they can handle insurance issues on their own, the assistance of a skilled insurance lawyer can greatly increase your chances of receiving the full amount you deserve for your injuries and losses. Attorney Marc A. Johnston can assist you from the start of your insurance claim and, if the insurance company will not provide the compensation you need, can pursue a legal claim on your behalf. We invest the time and resources to help injured victims get results that count.
Our Firm Handles Personal Injury Cases in Hillsboro On a Contingency Fee Basis
You do not have to worry about the cost of legal representation after a serious accident in Washington County. At the Johnston Law Firm, P.C., we handle the full range of personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis. How does it work? You pay nothing until you recover financial compensation. Our firm assumes all of the financial risk associated with pursuing your claim. We do not charge upfront costs or other out-of-pocket fees. Instead, our Hillsboro, OR personal injury lawyer only gets paid when you get paid.
Contact Us for a FREE Consultation
– Michelle E.
Mr. Johnston and his firm were incredibly thorough in getting us a fair settlement from our insurance company with little to no pressure. We really appreciated having someone who truly cared about us every step of the way. I would highly recommend the Johnston Law Firm to anyone in need of personal injury representation.
Call a Hillsboro Personal Injury Attorney For Help
If you have sustained any type of injury in any type of accident, you should not delay in calling a Hillsboro personal injury lawyer at the Johnston Law Firm, P.C. today. Consultations are free, so please call (503) 546-3167 to find out more about how we can help you today.
Contact Us for a FREE Consultation
If you have been seriously injured at no fault of your own, please contact us using the form.
CALL 503-546-3167 NOW