What to Do After a Workplace Accident in Portland, Oregon
Were you hurt in a workplace accident in Portland, Multnomah County, or elsewhere in the wider region? It is absolutely essential that you know what to do to protect yourself, your safety, and your legal rights when workplace injuries occur. Here are four important things to do after workplace accident in Oregon:
- See a Doctor (Medical Needs are Top Priority): If you have been injured, your first priority should be to seek medical attention. There is nothing more important than your safety, health, and overall well-being. You need to see a doctor to get the treatment you need to recover. It is also required to bring a work injury claim.
- Notify Your Employer of the Accident: Your employer should be notified of the accident as soon as possible. Not only will this ensure that they are aware of the situation, it is a required step in a workers’ compensation claim in Oregon. If you do not notify your employer in a timely manner, you may not be able to bring a claim at all.
- Proactively Document the Accident and Your Injuries: Because of Oregon’s employer liability law, Be sure to keep a detailed record of the accident and any injuries you sustained. Take photos of the scene, gather witness statements, and keep copies of any medical bills or reports. When pursuing a work injury claim, it is better to have as much relevant evidence as possible.
- Speak to a Portland Workplace Accident Lawyer: You do not have to take on the workers’ compensation claim and/or third party liability claims process alone. The right legal representation can make all of the difference. Consult with an experienced Portland, OR workplace accident lawyer right away after suffering a serious injury.
Johnston Law Firm: Fighting for Your Full Compensation
Workers’ compensation laws might apply to the injury you or a loved one has sustained, but the benefits often will not cover all medical costs, lost wages or rehabilitative costs. We can comprehensively evaluate your case for free and establish the full value of your case, including recovery for:
- Previous and future medical expenses
- Lost wages/future earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Long-term care
How much you can recover in financial compensation through a work injury claim depends on a wide range of different factors, including the severity of your injuries and the specific facts of your case. No matter the circumstances, our Portland workers compensation lawyers are standing by, ready to take action to ensure you receive the maximum settlement or verdict.
You May Have a Legal Claim Against a Negligent Third Party (Third Party Liability)
You deserve the appropriate and professional legal protections provided by our law firm. We can investigate the accident scene in depth and determine the cause of injury. Third-party negligence could be involved in an equipment, materials or chemical accident, so it is important to work with a skilled attorney who can identify causes and hold responsible parties accountable in a number of situations, including:
- Explosions and burn accidents
- Toxic chemical and substance accidents
- Defective equipment/product accidents
- Road construction accidents
- Falls from heights (beams, scaffolding, ladders)
- Falls in holes
- Falling object accidents
- Severe injuries such as paraplegic or quadriplegic injuries and brain injuries
- Wrongful death and fatalities
Contact Us Today for a Free Review of Your Workplace Accident Injury Claims
The Johnston Law Firm will evaluate your case for free, and you will work with the same Portland work site injury lawyer throughout your case. Call us at 503-546-3167 or fill out our free confidential case evaluation form on the bottom. Attorney consultations incur no obligation on your part, and all initial consultations are free of charge.
The Johnston Law Firm, LLC proudly represents clients in all cities and counties in Oregon: Portland, Gresham, Milwaukie, Lake Oswego, Tigard, Beaverton, Hillsboro, Multnomah, Washington, Clackamas.
Don’t miss out on these common personal injury mistakes.
Get the legal counsel you need to guide you through the process of filing an injury claim.
Free Confidential Case Evaluation
Contact us today at
to get a FREE, confidential case evaluation
We’re conveniently located in downtown Portland, and we offer flexible hours by appointment.