Start your free case review
Personal Injury Lawyer
Representing Seriously Injured Victims in
Salem & Throughout Oregon
About Johnston Law Firm
Salem, Oregon is best known for being the capital of Oregon. With 154,637 residents, it is the third-largest city in the state coming in behind Portland and Eugene. The city is home to Corban University, Willamette University, and Chemeketa Community College. As the state capital, it is also home to many of the state’s employees and government services. Salem has a proud cultural history and community, hosting the World Beat Festival every year. The Salem Saturday Market has been a Salem institution for more than 60 years, operating year-round in an indoor space and offering a variety of unique goods for sale.
At the Johnston Law Firm, P.C., our Portland personal injury attorney , serving Salem, is a devoted, justice-driven advocate for victims and families. With the experience needed to take on the full range of injury and accident cases, we have what it takes to hold negligent defendants and big insurance companies accountable. It is our mission to ensure that every client receives personalized attention. Hurt in an accident? Our legal team is here to help. To set up a free, no obligation consultation with a top-tier Salem personal injury lawyer, please do not hesitate to contact us today.
Don’t miss out on these common personal injury mistakes.
We Handle All Types of Personal Injury Claims in Salem, Oregon
Johnston Law Firm, P.C. is a personal injury law firm devoted to protecting the rights of injured victims and their families. You can rely on our team when it counts most. We firmly believe that cookie-cutter legal representation is not good enough for our clients. Our firm invests time and resources into each and every case. Personal injury claims we handle in Salem include:
- Car Accidents: Year in and year out, motor vehicle collisions are a leading cause of accidental injuries in Oregon. All communities are affected—and Salem is certainly no exception. Dealing with the immediate aftermath of a car wreck is never easy. Insurance companies waste no time building their defense—and, unfortunately, they are not on the side of victims and families. Our firm takes on all types of automobile accidents. Contact our Salem car crash lawyer today for your free case evaluation.
- Pedestrian Collisions: In Salem and other cities across the United States, it is not uncommon for individuals to walk rather than relying completely upon their cars for transportation. Pedestrians can easily be injured in crosswalk accidents and these injuries can easily saddle victims with substantial expenses, such as medical bills and lost wages from time spent out of work. Fortunately, victims of crosswalk and car accidents can seek monetary compensation for these expenses through personal injury claims.
- Semi-Truck Crashes: A fully loaded commercial truck dwarfs the size of a passenger vehicle. When a crash happens, the consequences can be life-altering. We fight for the rights of truck accident victims. Negligent truckers and negligent trucking companies must be held to account. Contact our Salem truck accident lawyer today for help.
- Motorcycle Wrecks: Motorcyclists are exposed. Even with a properly-fitting helmet, motorcyclists have limited safety protection. We pursue results-driven legal action for injured motorcyclists in Salem and throughout the surrounding area in Washington County.
- Medical Malpractice: Medical malpractice occurs when a patient is harmed by the negligence of an individual or institutional health care provider. Cases where healthcare professionals fail in providing standard care require high-level legal expertise. We handle the full spectrum of medical malpractice claims. Contact us today for a free, fully confidential consultation with an experienced Salem medical malpractice attorney.
- Product Liability: Corporations that sell products in Oregon have a duty to ensure that their products are reasonably safe for consumers. If defective or unsafe products have caused you harm, you may have a claim against the responsible manufacturer. We help victims and families in Salem get justice and accountability in defective product cases.
- Workplace Injuries: Too many accidents happen in the workplace in Salem. If you have any questions about a workers’ compensation claim or a third party work injury claim, our Salem, OR personal injury lawyers are standing by, ready to help.
- Other Personal Injury Claims: Besides the standard personal injury cases in Salem, our expertise also encompasses various other claims. We always customize our legal approach based on the unique circumstances and specific requirements of each case. Some notable examples of other types of personal injury claims include dog bite injuries, slip and fall accidents, and other forms of premises liability cases.
- Wrongful Death Claims: The loss of a loved one due to someone else’s negligence is incredibly challenging. Compassionate representation matters. We handle all types of wrongful death claims—with a focus on seeking justice for the deceased and their families through civil legal means. No matter your circumstances, our Salem wrongful death lawyers are ready to help you determine the best course of action.
Time is of the
Essence – Call Now
If you have been injured in any type of accident caused by another party’s negligence, seek medical attention for your injury as soon as possible. Do this regardless of the severity of your injury – you want to be certain of the extent of your injury and prove that you were in need of medical care if you decide to file a personal injury claim. Once you have received adequate medical care, contact an experienced insurance lawyer to discuss the next steps toward filing and pursuing your claim for monetary compensation.
In Oregon, injury victims have two years from the dates of their injuries to file personal injury claims. This is known as the statute of limitations. Once this time period expires, you can no longer seek compensation for your losses. Be proactive and seek legal aid as soon as you can after you have received medical attention for your injury. Your attorney can advise you about the best way to proceed with your claim and represent your interest to insurance providers and the court. He or she can also negotiate with doctors and insurance providers on your behalf to help you get the money you seek to cover your expenses related to your injury.
What to Know About Personal Injury Liability in Oregon
In Oregon, personal injury liability covers injuries one causes to others due to negligence or an otherwise wrongful act. Negligence is the failure to exercise due care. In Oregon, fault is key to establishing liability in most types of personal injury claim. Though a limited number of cases—including product liability claims—may be subject to a strict liability standard.
Oregon employs a modified comparative negligence system. It means if you are less than 51 percent at fault, you can still recover damages through a personal injury claim. That being said, your recovery will be reduced proportionally by your degree of fault. Found 20 percent to blame for a car crash in Salem? You would be legally liable for 20 percent of your own damages.
We Help Injured Victims in Salem Secure the Maximum Financial Compensation
Hurt in an accident in Salem? Oregon law allows you to seek compensation for economic and non-economic damages from the at-fault party. Unfortunately, insurance companies are not known for making things straightforward for injured victims. They try to settle cases for less—sometimes even denying liability altogether. Our Salem personal injury lawyer fights hard to help injured victims secure the maximum financial compensation, including for:
- Property damages, such as vehicle repairs;
- Ambulance fees and emergency room care;
- Hospital bills and other medical bills;
- Lost wages and loss of earning power;
- Pain and suffering;
- Disability/disfigurement; and
- Wrongful death.
Why Rely On Salem Personal Injury Lawyer Marc A. Johnston
Hurt in an accident in Salem? You do not have to take on the big insurance companies alone. Our founder Marc A. Johnston is a skilled advocate who knows how to get results for victims and families. Among other things, our Salem personal injury lawyer is prepared to:
- Hear your story and answer your legal questions;
- Carefully investigate your accident—securing the evidence;
- Represent you in settlement negotiations with insurers; and
- Take aggressive action to help you secure the maximum compensation.
We handle personal injury cases in Salem on a contingency fee basis. Do let worries about cost dissuade you from seeking professional representation. With the Johnston Law Firm, P.C., there are no upfront costs or out-of-pocket fees. We only get paid when you get paid.
Contact Us for a FREE Consultation
– Michelle E.
Mr. Johnston and his firm were incredibly thorough in getting us a fair settlement from our insurance company with little to no pressure. We really appreciated having someone who truly cared about us every step of the way. I would highly recommend the Johnston Law Firm to anyone in need of personal injury representation.
Contact Our Team of Personal Injury Attorneys Today!
If you have suffered from a pedestrian injury or any other type of car accident, you could be entitled to receive monetary compensation for your damages through a personal injury claim. Work with an experienced car accident lawyer to discuss the possibilities for your unique situation and if you have grounds for a claim, work toward filing and pursuing your claim for damages. Johnston Law Firm, P.C. in Portland, Oregon, is here to help you. Contact our firm today at (503) 546-3167 to schedule your free legal consultation with us and determine the best way to proceed with your personal injury claim. We represent injured victims in Salem and throughout all of Marion County.
Contact Us for a FREE Consultation
If you have been seriously injured at no fault of your own, please contact us using the form.
CALL 503-546-3167 NOW