OREGON CITY PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT LAWYERStart your free case review
We Fight for the Rights
of Injured Pedestrians in Oregon City
At The Johnston Law Firm, LLC, our Oregon City pedestrian accident attorneys are diligent, experienced, and relentless advocates for injury victims. Our legal team has what it takes to hold big insurance companies accountable. If you or your family member suffered a traumatic brain injury, another major injury, or have passed away due to the accident in a pedestrian wreck, we are more than ready to protect your rights.
To arrange a no-cost, no-obligation appointment with a top-rated personal injury attorney, please contact us today! We will help you through your car accident claims!
About Johnston Law Firm
What to Do After a Pedestrian
Accident in Oregon City
Knowing what to do after a pedestrian crash can make all of the difference. By taking a few relatively simple steps, you can put yourself and your family in the best possible position to get justice. Here are the crucial steps you should take after an accident in Oregon City:
- Report the Pedestrian Crash to Police: Notify the authorities as soon as possible and file an official report. The report can serve as crucial evidence for an insurance claim. Be sure to get a copy of the accident report. You can report your pedestrian collision to the Oregon City Police Department or another local or state law enforcement agency.
- Get Medical Care for Any Injuries: Seek medical attention without delay. To be sure, emergency medical needs always take priority over anything else. Of course, all pedestrian accident injuries in Oregon City should be assessed by a doctor. Here is a key thing to remember: You cannot bring a personal injury claim unless you have medical records.
- Thoroughly Document the Crash: To bring a successful pedestrian accident injury claim in Oregon, you will be required to prove fault. Take pictures of the scene, the vehicle involved, and your injuries, and secure and record other pertinent information. The more evidence that you have, the better position you will be in to recover full and fair financial relief.
- Work With Insurers Through an Oregon City Attorney For the most part, pedestrian accident claims are defended by insurance companies. No matter the situation, the big insurance company is not on your side. Protect your rights and your interests by working with insurers through our experienced Oregon pedestrian accident attorneys.
A Pedestrian Crash Can
Result in Life-Changing Injuries
- Scrapes, cuts, and serious bruises;
- Muscle sprains and strains;
- Whiplash and other soft tissue damages;
- Torn ligaments;
- Back injuries
- Broken bones;
- Concussions and TBIs;
- Spinal cord trauma;
- Internal organ damage; and
If you are wondering if you have a case to file wrongful death claims, we can also help with that! Give us a call today for a free consultation!
What to Know About
Pedestrian Accident Claims in Oregon
As pedestrian collisions remain an unfortunately all-too-common risk in Oregon City, you must know how these claims are handled under our state’s laws. Here are some important things to understand about pedestrian rights and pedestrian claims in Oregon:
- Pedestrians and the Right-of-Way in Oregon: Oregon law requires that drivers yield to pedestrians in crosswalks and at intersections. Pedestrians also have the right-of-way when they are crossing the street in a marked or unmarked crosswalk. A driver should yield to pedestrians who have the right-of-way in Oregon City. However, pedestrians do not have the right-of-way in other situations, such as when a “no crossing” signal applies or outside of a marked/unmarked crosswalk.
- Fault for Pedestrian Accident Injuries: Oregon uses a fault-based standard of liability for all types of automobile accident claims—pedestrian collisions are no exception to the rule. The party found to be at fault for a crash—the driver, truck company, or even the pedestrian—will be held responsible for the resulting damages.
- Apportioning Liability (Comparative Negligence): In some cases, the fault for an accident may be shared between the pedestrian and the driver. Oregon law uses a system of comparative negligence to apportion liability in these situations (ORS § 31.600). A pedestrian who is found to be partially at fault for the accident may still be able to recover damages, but the amount may be reduced. Protect yourself from being unfairly blamed for a pedestrian crash in Oregon City.
- Statute of Limitations (Two Years): In Oregon City, there is a two-year statute of limitations for filing a personal injury cases (ORS §12.110). Other cases, such has criminal defense, might have a different stature of limitations, so check with a lawyer before you file a claim. Very few exceptions apply to the statute of limitations. What happens if you wait too long to file your claim? You may not be able to pursue compensation for your damages. Be proactive: Consult with a car accident lawyer right away after an auto accident to file your pedestrian accident claim today!
Don’t miss out on these common personal injury mistakes.
We Help Injured Pedestrians
Maximize their Financial Compensation
A pedestrian crash can result in severe, even life-altering trauma. After a crash in Oregon City, injured pedestrians must have access to the full and proper financial compensation that they need to pay bills, support themselves, and move forward with their life. Sadly, you cannot trust an insurance company to willingly offer a full settlement. In too many cases, insurers fight to resolve cases for less.
Our Oregon City pedestrian accident attorney helps victims maximize compensation. A settlement or verdict for a pedestrian collision may include financial relief for:
- Ambulance costs and emergency medical care;
- Hospital bills and other health care expenses;
- Loss of wages and loss of long-term earnings;
- Pain and suffering & mental distress;
- Physical scarring or physical impairment; and
- Wrongful death damages.
Pedestrian Accidents in
Oregon City: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Determining liability for a pedestrian crash in Oregon City depends on the specific circumstances of the accident. Oregon is a fault-based motor vehicle accident jurisdiction. Notably, this means that both the driver and pedestrian may share fault for the same crash. Other parties, such as trucking companies or even highway road designers, may be liable as well. Every pedestrian crash in Oregon City should be thoroughly investigated by an experienced attorney.
You can use any reliable evidence that helps to establish how and why a pedestrian crash occurred. Common examples of relevant evidence include personal testimony, witness statements, police reports, photographs, and video footage. Medical records and bills can also demonstrate the severity of the injuries sustained. Be proactive: Try to preserve as much evidence as possible.
It depends. The length of time it takes to resolve a pedestrian injury claim in Oregon City varies widely based on many factors, such as the severity of the injuries, the complexity of the case, and whether or not a settlement is within reach. A timeline of anything from a few months to multiple years (litigation) is relatively common. Do not wait to get started with your case.
How Oregon City Pedestrian
Accident Lawyer Marc A. Johnston Can Help
Following a pedestrian crash, it is normal to feel stressed out, overwhelmed, and unsure of where to turn for reliable support. At The Johnston Law Firm, LLC, we know what it takes to win these cases. Our team is proactive. More specifically, our Oregon City pedestrian collision attorneys will:
- Hear your story and answer questions about your personal injury claim;
- Investigate the pedestrian crash, gathering evidence and information;
- Represent you in settlement negotiations with the insurance company; and
- Take your pedestrian injury claim as far as needed to get true justice.
As a trial-tested personal injury law firm, our Oregon City pedestrian accident lawyers are committed to personalized representation. We encourage you to review our client testimonials, and case results, and to reach out to us directly with any specific questions or concerns about your case.
Injured Pedestrians in
Oregon City Can Always Afford a Top-Rated Lawyer
You do not have to be worried about the cost of hiring the best Oregon City pedestrian accident lawyer. Our top-rated personal injury law firm works on a contingency fee basis. You will not have to pay any upfront costs, out-of-pocket expenses, or hourly bill rates.
Our Oregon City, OR pedestrian accident lawyers only get paid when you get paid. We are ready to review your case for free.
Contact Us for a FREE Consultation
– Michelle E.
Mr. Johnston and his firm were incredibly thorough in getting us a fair settlement from our insurance company with little to no pressure. We really appreciated having someone who truly cared about us every step of the way. I would highly recommend the Johnston Law Firm to anyone in need of personal injury representation.
Contact Our Oregon City Pedestrian Accident Attorney Today
At The Johnston Law Firm, LLC, our Oregon City personal injury lawyers have extensive experience handling pedestrian accident claims. Hurt in a crash? You need a top attorney on your side. Call us now or send us a direct message for a free, no strings attached consultation.
We handle pedestrian accident claims in Oregon City, Clackamas County, and throughout the Portland metro area.
Contact Us for a FREE Consultation
If you have been seriously injured at no fault of your own, please contact us using the form.
CALL 503-546-3167 NOW