Personal Injury Cases We Handle All The Time
Each year, hundreds of people in Lebanon are injured in accidents. These injuries lead to serious bodily injuries, such as fractures, head injuries, burns, or back injuries. Many victims suffer intense pain and need surgery or rehabilitation to give them a chance to get well.
Personal injury law covers these situations and identifies the rights victims have to compensation. Our lawyers can assist anyone injured in a personal injury case:
- Motor vehicle accidents. You might have suffered injuries when hit by a car or truck driven by a negligent or reckless motorist.
- Slip and falls. It is easy to fall and suffer an injury because you slipped on spilled liquids, snow, ice, loose tiles, or other hazards underfoot.
- Premises liability accidents. A dangerous condition on property could have harmed you, such as faulty wiring leading to electrocution or a building that falls in.
- Medical malpractice. Doctors and other medical providers must follow the prevailing standard of care in the medical community. When they fall short, patients are injured by diagnostic errors, surgical mistakes, and other examples of medical malpractice.
- Product liability. Unreasonably dangerous products can hurt members of the public due to a defect in design or manufacture, or because the product lacks adequate warnings or safety instructions.
- Wrongful death. Sadly, many accidents lead to fatalities, and some surviving family members can bring a lawsuit for compensation.
Common Personal Injury Questions
We receive phone calls from injured victims worried about their futures. They have many questions, and we reproduce a selection of the most common questions below, along with brief answers.
How can I afford a lawyer when I’m financially stressed?⌄
We understand your concern. Helpfully, Johnston Law Firm can represent accident victims on contingency. Under this agreement, we provide representation to injured victims without requiring upfront legal fees. You agree that we can take a percentage of your settlement or judgment if we are successful. In other words, we don’t get paid unless you win!
Do I really need a lawyer?⌄
Yes! Personal injury claims are difficult to bring in even the best situation. But if you suffered an injury, it will be much harder to collect all the evidence you need, while still going to rehab and dealing with pain. Our legal team can build the strongest case possible for compensation and present it in a compelling way to an insurance adjuster.
How much can I receive for my injuries?⌄
There is no “one size fits all” answer. Everything depends on the facts of your case, including the severity of your injuries, the type of medical care you received, and the pain you feel. Generally, very serious injuries pay out more in compensation. It is not unusual for someone with a permanent disability to receive six figures—or even more! In a case evaluation a lawyer can provide more individualized advice.
Negotiating with Insurers
In many personal injury claims, we actually negotiate with the defendant’s insurer. For example, Oregon requires that motorists carry liability coverage. The state also requires that most businesses have a liability policy before they are allowed to do business in Oregon.
Oregon’s large insurance companies have collectively negotiated millions of claims over the years. They are very experienced at reducing the amount they pay out. If you do not have an attorney, you are at a distinct disadvantage in this process.
The Lebanon personal injury lawyers at Johnston Law Firm P.C. can be your voice in this process. We take pride in our experience negotiating tough settlements with gigantic insurance companies. We are not intimidated to sit across the table from them and demand fair compensation for our clients.
Free Confidential Case Evaluation
Contact us today at
to get a FREE, confidential case evaluation
We’re conveniently located in downtown Portland, and we offer flexible hours by appointment.