Start your free case review
Representing injured Victims
In Lebanon and Throughout All Of Oregon
Accidents change lives in ways few people could ever imagine. One minute you are driving down the street or stepping into the store, and the next you are in intense pain while being bundled into the back of an ambulance. As many accident victims discover, they are soon thrust into a confusing situation where they cannot work, and they stagger under large medical expenses.
Personal injury claims help accident victims receive compensation when they are hurt due to someone else’s negligent or wrongful conduct. Bringing a claim is hard. There are certain deadlines and rules that victims must meet. Fortunately, a seasoned Lebanon personal injury lawyer can assist with bringing a claim. Contact Johnston Law Firm today.
About Johnston Law Firm
Personal Injury Cases
We Handle All The Time
Each year, hundreds of people in Lebanon are injured in accidents. These injuries lead to serious bodily injuries, such as fractures, head injuries, burns, or back injuries. Many victims suffer intense pain and need surgery or rehabilitation to give them a chance to get well.
Personal injury law covers these situations and identifies the rights victims have to compensation. Our lawyers can assist anyone injured in a personal injury case:
- Motor vehicle accidents. You might have suffered injuries when hit by a car or truck driven by a negligent or reckless motorist.
- Slip and falls. It is easy to fall and suffer an injury because you slipped on spilled liquids, snow, ice, loose tiles, or other hazards underfoot.
- Premises liability accidents. A dangerous condition on property could have harmed you, such as faulty wiring leading to electrocution or a building that falls in.
- Medical malpractice. Doctors and other medical providers must follow the prevailing standard of care in the medical community. When they fall short, patients are injured by diagnostic errors, surgical mistakes, and other examples of medical malpractice.
- Product liability. Unreasonably dangerous products can hurt members of the public due to a defect in design or manufacture, or because the product lacks adequate warnings or safety instructions.
- Wrongful death. Sadly, many accidents lead to fatalities, and some surviving family members can bring a lawsuit for compensation.
What Are Personal
A victim can sue the person responsible for their accident and injuries. Most claims are based on negligence, which is the failure to use appropriate care in a given situation. If you are successful, you should receive compensation for certain damages.
Before filing a suit, many victims can settle their claim fairly for reasonable compensation. Trying to bring a personal injury claim typically involves the following elements:
- Claim for compensation. We can send a demand package to the defendant or his insurer requesting compensation based on your losses suffered.
- Mediation. This process involves meeting with an impartial third party to discuss the dispute. Mediation can help people break through logjams which are preventing a fair settlement. Any proposed settlement in mediation is voluntary, so you can always walk away if you are unhappy.
- Damages. This is the term used to describe certain economic losses, like lost income and medical bills, or non-economic damages for pain and suffering.
- Trial. If we can’t settle a case after mediation, we might need to file a lawsuit in court. A judge will hold a trial where we present evidence to the jury, who decides fault.
- Judgment. The judge hands down a verdict for damages. Unfortunately, it can take years to finally have your day in court.
Don’t miss out on these common personal injury mistakes.
In many personal injury claims, we actually negotiate with the defendant’s insurer. For example, Oregon requires that motorists carry liability coverage. The state also requires that most businesses have a liability policy before they are allowed to do business in Oregon.
Oregon’s large insurance companies have collectively negotiated millions of claims over the years. They are very experienced at reducing the amount they pay out. If you do not have an attorney, you are at a distinct disadvantage in this process.
The Lebanon personal injury lawyers at Johnston Law Firm P.C. can be your voice in this process. We take pride in our experience negotiating tough settlements with gigantic insurance companies. We are not intimidated to sit across the table from them and demand fair compensation for our clients.
We receive phone calls from injured victims worried about their futures. They have many questions, and we reproduce a selection of the most common questions below, along with brief answers.
We understand your concern. Helpfully, Johnston Law Firm can represent accident victims on contingency. Under this agreement, we provide representation to injured victims without requiring upfront legal fees. You agree that we can take a percentage of your settlement or judgment if we are successful. In other words, we don’t get paid unless you win!
Yes! Personal injury claims are difficult to bring in even the best situation. But if you suffered an injury, it will be much harder to collect all the evidence you need, while still going to rehab and dealing with pain. Our legal team can build the strongest case possible for compensation and present it in a compelling way to an insurance adjuster.
There is no “one size fits all” answer. Everything depends on the facts of your case, including the severity of your injuries, the type of medical care you received, and the pain you feel. Generally, very serious injuries pay out more in compensation. It is not unusual for someone with a permanent disability to receive six figures—or even more! In a case evaluation, a lawyer can provide more individualized advice.
Contact Us for a FREE Consultation
– Michelle E.
Mr. Johnston and his firm were incredibly thorough in getting us a fair settlement from our insurance company with little to no pressure. We really appreciated having someone who truly cared about us every step of the way. I would highly recommend the Johnston Law Firm to anyone in need of personal injury representation.
Schedule a Free Case Evaluation with Our Team
In a free case evaluation, our Lebanon personal injury lawyer will provide a more detailed overview of the personal injury claims process. We can also provide an estimate of what your claim might be worth. Please contact Johnston Law Firm today to schedule a time to meet. We are available at flexible times and locations.
Contact Us for a FREE Consultation
If you have been seriously injured at no fault of your own, please contact us using the form.
CALL 503-546-3167 NOW