Start your free case review
We Fight for Victims and Families
in Astoria and Throughout Clatsop County
About Johnston Law Firm
The seat of Clatsop County, Astoria is a port city along Oregon’s Pacific Coast. It is the oldest permanent American settlement west of the Rocky Mountains. Notable attractions include the Astoria Riverfront, the Columbia River Maritime Museum, the Astoria Column, and the Captain George Flavel House Museum. We handle personal injury claims in Astoria.
At The Johnston Law Firm, LLC, our Astoria personal injury lawyer is an experienced, highly-rated advocate for victims and families. If you or someone close to you was injured due to negligence, we are here to help. For a free, no obligation initial consultation with an Oregon personal injury attorney, please do not hesitate to contact our legal team today.
An Overview of Accident
and Injury Claims We Handle in Astoria, Oregon in Albany, Oregon
A boutique personal injury law firm, The Johnston Law Firm, LLC is devoted to helping victims and families get serious results for serious injuries. No matter how your injuries occurred, our team is here to help you find the best path to justice. We will put forward the time and attention to detail to get results. Our Astoria personal injury lawyer has experience with:
- Car Accidents: Serious car crashes happen every day in Oregon. Our Astoria auto accident lawyer handles all types of auto accident injury claims. Call us now for a free case review.
- Truck Accidents: Commercial trucking companies have a duty to take proper safety measures. Our Astoria truck accident attorney holds negligent companies accountable.
- Premises Liability: We handle the full range of premises liability claims in Astoria, including slip and fall accidents and negligent security cases. Contact our Oregon premises liability team today for a free, no obligation review of your case.
- Product Liability: Corporations have a duty to ensure products are properly tested and come with adequate warning instructions. They can be held liable when they fail to do so. Our Astoria product liability lawyer has the skills, knowledge, and experience you can trust.
- Medical Malpractice: Medical negligence can cause severe, even life-threatening complications. Negligent doctors, hospitals, and other medical providers can be held legally liable. Our Astoria medical malpractice lawyer fights for justice and compensation.
- Wrongful Death: Our compassionate Astoria wrongful death attorney is a tireless advocate for grieving families. We help clients get justice, closure, and compensation.
Don’t miss out on these common personal injury mistakes.
What are the Elements
of a Personal Injury Claim?
Personal injury law is complicated. Recovering full and fair financial relief through a legal claim requires establishing all of the required elements. To bring a successful personal injury claim in Astoria, OR, you should be prepared to prove:
- Duty of Care: The first step of proving liability in a personal injury claim in Oregon is establishing the requisite duty of care. In effect, this means that you need to assert that standard of care by which the defendant(s) should have abided under the law.
- Breach of Duty (Negligence): A breach of duty of care occurs when a party negligently fails to live up to the standard of care. An example would be a driver who causes an accident in Astoria by running a red light. Another example would be a property owner failing to repair a broken floor board, thereby contributing to a serious slip and fall accident.
- Causation: To establish personal injury liability in Oregon, there must be a causal link between the defendant’s negligence (improper actions or inactions) and the victim’s injuries. Without causation, there is no liability.
- Damages: Finally, you must prove damages as part of the personal injury claims process. Our Astoria, OR personal injury lawyer can help you seek compensation for the maximum amount, including for property damage, medical bills, lost wages, loss of earning power, pain and suffering, long-term disability, permanent disfigurement, and wrongful death.
Oregon Personal Injury Lawyer
Marc A. Johnston Holds Insurance Companies Accountable
The big insurance carriers are primarily driven to protect their own bottom line—not by ensuring that you and your family have the compensation that you need to pay bills and put your life back together. Our founding attorney Marc A. Johnston is an experienced Oregon personal injury lawyer with the skills and experience to hold defendants and insurance companies to account. We always put people and families first. We encourage you to review our client testimonials and to reach out to our Astoria personal injury attorney directly with any specific questions or concerns.
Personal Injury: Frequently
Asked Questions (FAQS)
With limited exceptions, the Oregon statute of limitations for personal injury claims is two years from the date of the accident. The sooner you get started with your case, the better position that you will be in to secure financial support. Consult with an Astoria personal injury lawyer right away.
The value of a personal injury claim in Oregon is based on several factors, including your ability to prove liability and the extent of your damages. It is crucial that you present well-documented damages, including medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and long-term disability or impairment. Our Astoria, OR personal injury lawyer will help you maximize your recovery.
Yes. There are no upfront costs or out-of-pocket fees to hire a top-rated Astoria personal injury attorney. The Johnston Law Firm, LLC represents victims on a contingency fee basis. We only get paid when our clients get paid.
Contact Us for a FREE Consultation
– Michelle E.
Mr. Johnston and his firm were incredibly thorough in getting us a fair settlement from our insurance company with little to no pressure. We really appreciated having someone who truly cared about us every step of the way. I would highly recommend the Johnston Law Firm to anyone in need of personal injury representation.
Call Our Astoria, OR Personal Injury Lawyer for Immediate Help
At The Johnston Law Firm, LLC, our Astoria personal injury attorney is an experienced and reliable legal advocate. If you or your loved one was seriously hurt because of negligence, we can help. Contact our law firm today to arrange your no cost, commitment initial consultation. We advocate for victims and their families in Astoria and throughout the surrounding region in Clatsop County, including in Seaside, Warrenton, Cannon Beach, and Gearhart.
Contact Us for a FREE Consultation
If you have been seriously injured at no fault of your own, please contact us using the form.
CALL 503-546-3167 NOW