Eugene is the third largest city in Oregon. As the home of the University of Oregon, it is a college town but has numerous other features that attract residents and visitors from throughout the state. Known as Track City, it is a top destination for national competitions and the area in general offers a variety of options in terms of outdoor activities. Unfortunately, this creates certain risks. Find out some of the most common and serious types of personal injuries in Eugene and how they often happen.
Common Types of Serious Personal Injuries In Eugene
Personal injuries are those that happen unintentionally, typically the result of accidents. According to the Oregon Health Authority, they are the third leading cause of death in the state. Some of the most common and serious personal injuries in Eugene include:
- Head or brain injuries: Any bump, blow, or jolt to the head can cause concussions, skull fractures, or other serious head injuries. When these disrupt neural pathways in the brain, traumatic brain injuries (TBI) result. TBI can cause permanent disabilities, impacting physical, emotional, and cognitive functions.
- Spinal cord or column injuries: When back and neck injuries cause damage to the spinal cord or column, partial or complete paralysis can occur, resulting in temporary or permanent disabilities.
- Amputations: Deep cuts and lacerations can cause potentially life-threatening infections. They can also tear through muscles, tendons, and ligaments, resulting in amputation of limbs or other body parts.
- Internal injuries: These can happen when victims are struck or crushed by objects, resulting in internal bleeding and damage to body organs.
- Burn injuries: One of the most painful types of personal injuries, burns can be life-threatening and often cause permanent disfigurement.
- Multiple broken bones: Broken bones may not seem serious but when multiple body parts are impacted, they can take years to recover from.
Muscle and tendon tears: Just as with multiple broken bones, tearing of muscles, tendons, or other soft tissues can cause serious and ongoing impairments
How Serious Personal Injuries in Eugene, OR Often Happen
Residents of Oregon lead active lives and this is particularly evidence in the city of Eugene. Unfortunately, many of the activities residents and visitors engage in can put them at risk. Among the most common causes of serious personal injuries in Eugene include:
- Car accidents;
- Truck accidents;
- Bike accidents;
- Pedestrian accidents;
- Slip and fall accidents;
- Being struck by or against objects;
- Sports and recreational accidents.
While we refer to the above as ‘accidents’, they generally occur due to the negligence of others. Under the Oregon Statutes, you have the right to hold them accountable.
Our Eugene Personal Injury Attorneys Help You Get Compensation For Your Injuries
If you suffer serious personal injuries in Eugene due to the recklessness of others involved, reach out to the Johnston Law Firm P.C. We help you get the compensation you need to recover. Give us a call at (503) 546-3167 or contact our Eugene personal injury attorneys online and request a consultation today.