Preventing Personal Injuries at Fall Events in Portland
Fall is a favorite time of year. In Portland, the season brings a variety of fun local events for people of all ages and interests. It also brings some potential hazards. Between crowds, increasingly wet weather, and earlier sunsets, it is important to take precautions to prevent personal injuries from happening. Our Portland personal injury attorneys share some of their favorite activities and helpful tips for staying safe.
Portland Hosts An Abundance Of Fall Events
Recent news reports by Oregon Live warned of cooling temperatures and increased chances for rain, a sure sign that summer is waning and that fall is headed to Portland. While we will miss the warm weather months, the city hosts an abundance of fall-themed activities to look forward to. Among our favorites include:
- The Portland Film Festival: Running throughout October, the Portland Film Festival was named as one of the ‘coolest film festivals in the world by Moviemaker Magazine, it offers a full schedule of films, workshops, networking events, and other fun at theatres throughout the city.
- Portland Open Studios: Portland is home to a vibrant local arts scene. Each fall, Portland Open Studios allows you to watch the creative process unfold. Running from October 9th through 17th and focuses on more than 100 artists.
- The Underhill Haunted House and Fearlandia: The Underhill Haunted House held each year at the Moda Center is a highlight of the season. If you act quickly, you may even be able to secure a spot as one of the monsters.
- The Maize At Sauvie Island: If getting scared out of your wits is not your idea of fun, the Sauvie Island Pumpkin Patch runs through early November. It offers eight acres to roam and two 16-foot observation bridges that provide picturesque panoramas of the island and Mount Hood.
Protecting Yourself At Portland Fall Events
Whatever events you opt to attend, bear in mind that Oregon still has a statewide mask mandate in place. In addition to pandemic precautions, follow these tips to prevent personal injuries:
- When driving to events, give yourself plenty of time and avoid aggressive driving behaviors that increase car accident risks, such as speeding, tailgating, and failing to yield.
- Whether walking in the city to local art studios and theatres or crossing parking lots to get to the pumpkin patch, make pedestrian safety a priority. Wear light, bright colors, use designated walkways, and never assume a driver sees you or will stop.
- Much of the focus in fall is enjoying the change in weather and walking is high on the list of activities. Again, stick to designated paths, wear the appropriate shoes, and be aware that rainy weather and falling leaves increase the risks of slip and fall injuries.
Contact Us Today for Help
At the Johnston Law Firm P.C., we help you get the compensation you need to recover when accidents happen. To request a consultation, reach out and call (503) 546-3167 or contact our Portland personal injury attorneys online today.
- The Dangers of Walking While Impaired in Portland - October 15, 2021
- Reduce Your Risk of Car Accidents In Portland: Safety Tips for Driving In Rain and Fog - October 8, 2021
- Preventing Personal Injuries at Fall Events in Portland - September 24, 2021