Injuries and Damages from Car Accidents
The degree of damages, including the severity of injuries, that a person who is involved in a car crash may suffer depends on the amount of force involved in the accident. Force is determined by the mass of the vehicles involved (greater mass equals more force), as well as the speed at which vehicles are traveling (force=mass x velocity). This means that if you are in a collision that occurs at high speeds, especially if that collision involves a larger vehicle, the risk of damages to your vehicle and your person are great. After your Beaverton crash, you may be dealing with:
- Physical injuries, ranging from back and neck injuries, soft tissue injuries, head and brain injuries, broken bone injuries, internal injuries, and more. Some of the most serious injuries that result from car accidents are traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, and amputation injuries.
- Property damage to your vehicle, which can be costly to repair. If the accident was severe, your vehicle may be totaled, and you may need a new car.
- Medical expenses, which may total into the thousands, tens of thousands, or even hundreds of thousands of dollars. Medical expenses often comprise the bulk of a car accident claim.
- Lost wages if you have been unable to work as a result of your injury. Sometimes, a person is unable to return to their job indefinitely.
- Physical pain, suffering, and emotional distress as a result of the injury. This type of harm is intangible, but you deserve to be compensated for it nonetheless.
At the Johnston Law Firm, our Beaverton car accident lawyer is passionate about making sure you get the maximum compensation award possible after a motor vehicle accident.
Steps to Take After a Beaverton Crash
- File a police report. You should file a report with the police as soon as possible, preferably while still at the scene of the accident.
- Gather evidence. If you are seriously injured, you may be unable to do this. However, if possible, gather evidence at the scene of the accident by talking with eyewitnesses, photographing damages at the scene, and getting the other driver’s information.
- Seek medical care. Perhaps the most important thing that you can do after a crash is to seek medical care. Getting treatment for your injuries is important for your health and wellbeing, but also establishes a link between the car crash and your damages.
- Report the crash to your insurer. Don’t make the mistake of failing to call your insurance company after the crash, even if you weren’t at fault. You must provide your insurer with notice.
- Reach out to a Beaverton car accident attorney. The sooner that you reach out to an attorney, the earlier that your attorney can start investigating your case and adding up your damages.
How Our Beaverton Car Accident Attorney Can Help
If you are involved in a crash in Beaverton that is serious, a car accident attorney can help you to recover the settlement you deserve. At the Johnston Law Firm, our lawyer will serve you by investigating your case, working with experts to gather evidence and build your claim, handling all paperwork and claim documents, calculating your damages, reviewing your settlement offer, negotiating your settlement offer, and advising you on next steps to take. If a settlement cannot be reached, our lawyer can represent you in litigation.
Free Confidential Case Evaluation
Contact us today at
We’re conveniently located in downtown Portland, and we offer flexible hours by appointment.