Oregon Auto Accident Lawyer Representing Injury Victims in Clackamas, OR
Clackamas, Oregon is a popular spot in Clackamas County Oregon, and only a few short minutes from Portland. Our car accident team handles collisions throughout the Portland metropolitan area, including Clackamas. Several freeways connect Portland to Clackamas, including I-5, I-205, and Highway 84, all of which are known for their share of car accidents, truck accidents, including 18-wheeler accidents.
As exciting and entertaining as Clackamas is for tourists and Oregon residents, car accidents unfortunately happen here. From distracted drivers to reckless vehicle collisions, serious car and truck accidents can occur when you least expect. A Clackamas car accident attorney can be helpful in filing your case, and crucial in ensuring that you receive fair compensation from the at-fault party’s insurance company. Our firm will always be committed to helping motor vehicle accident victims and their families with their cases and claims.
Most Common Causes of Car Accidents in Clackamas
Under Chapter 31 of Oregon Revised Statutes, tort actions are those which seek financial compensation for injuries suffered as the result of someone’s reckless or negligent actions. As a tort action, elements of a personal injury lawsuit include the following:
- Failure to stop for a vehicle in front of driver
- Distracted Driving
- Failure to maintain lane
- Following too closely
- Driving too fast for current conditions
- Failure to decrease speed for slower moving vehicle
- Drunk or Drugged Driving
- Reckless driving which includes changing lanes without signaling, excessive speeding and following too closely
Compensation in Clackamas Car Accident Cases
If you are injured in a car accident in Clackamas, or if your loved one has been injured or passes away as a result of their injuries, one of the first steps is to report it to your insurance company. At the same time, it’s important to contact a qualified Clackamas car accident lawyer immediately following a collision to protect your rights and advise you from the beginning.
Do not give a recorded statement to the insurance company—always speak with your car accident lawyer first. Between Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance, the insurance of the at fault driver, and your own underinsured motorist coverage, the Johnston Law Firm will fight to ensure you receive the full compensation you are entitled to by law.
We know you and your family are depending on that compensation to protect you while you are focusing on physically recovering from your injuries. The insurance company has a protocol and a team of adjusters designed to underpay your claim. You need a team on your side who puts its clients’ interests first, and has more than a decade of experience making insurance companies meet their obligations.
What Types of Damages are Eligible For Compensation in a Clackamas Car Accident Case?
- Economic Damages: compensate an injured plaintiff for direct financial losses, such as medication costs, hospitalization stays, surgery bills and lost wages. Economic damages are defined by Oregon law as “objectively verifiable monetary losses including but not limited to reasonable charges necessarily incurred for medical, hospital, nursing and rehabilitative services and other health care services, burial and memorial expenses, loss of income and past and future impairment of earning capacity.” Economic damages include future lost wages due to inability to work, prosthetic devices when limbs are lost, and all future medical care and equipment necessary to ensure the seriously injured person can live with dignity.
- Noneconomic Damages: compensate an injured plaintiff for non-monetary losses such as pain, suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, emotional trauma and distress. This is the category of loss that makes life valuable and worth living, including freedom from pain, love and affection and the pursuit of happiness. Oregon law defines non-economic damages as “subjective, non-monetary losses, including but not limited to pain, mental suffering, emotional distress, humiliation”. These damages are more difficult to quantify, as emotional pain can be traumatic and long-lasting, as well as difficult to recover from. A skilled and experienced legal team is necessary to understand, quantify and properly prove this part of your case.
Contact an Experienced Clackamas Car Accident Attorney Today
Were you seriously injured in a car accident in Clackamas, Oregon? You may be eligible to file a claim for compensation. Whether you are filing an auto insurance claim or seeking compensation through a civil lawsuit, it is vital to work with an experienced and caring Clackamas car accident lawyer who can properly represent and advocate for your rights. Do not hesitate to reach out to our firm to learn more about this process and to ask questions about navigating the process. We have represented many clients in Clackamas County, and we look forward to hearing from you. Call (503) 546-3167 to schedule a free initial case review.
Don’t miss out on these common personal injury mistakes.
Free Confidential Case Evaluation
Contact us today at
We’re conveniently located in downtown Portland, and we offer flexible hours by appointment.