The Important Role of a Corvallis Car Accident Attorney
If you have been involved in a car accident, working with a car accident attorney can prove to be essential to the outcome of your case. Our lawyers at the Johnston Law Firm are committed to providing you with the counsel and guidance you need, and will work hard throughout the duration of your case. Our lawyers will wear many hats and provide a variety of services as we represent you – you can count on our lawyers doing the following at a very minimum:
- Investigating your case. In order to recover your full compensation award, you’ll need to provide evidence regarding how the accident happened, who was to blame for the crash, how the accident was the direct cause of your injuries and damages, and the extent of harm that you have suffered – both economic and noneconomic. This requires a thorough investigation, and may require working with experts and professionals, such as accident reconstruction experts. Our lawyers will spearhead the investigation, traveling to the scene of the accidents, fronting the cost of experts, gathering important documents and data (like the police report, video footage, etc.), talking to eyewitnesses, and more.
- Calculating your damages. Once we know how the accident happened and who should be held liable, our law firm will need to determine the value of your claim. This is incredibly important – if you are offered a settlement and you don’t know what your claim is worth, you won’t be able to know whether the settlement offer is fair. Our lawyers focus on calculating the total value of your economic and noneconomic losses, such as pain and suffering, again working with experts when appropriate.
- Negotiating your settlement. If you are offered a settlement that you don’t think is fair, our lawyers will be available to manage negotiations on your behalf. We know how frustrating being offered less than you deserve is; at the Johnston Law Firm, we are skilled negotiators who have a track record of success at the negotiation table. We will aggressively advocate for your right to your full settlement amount.
If your case goes to court, our team will also be responsible for representing you in litigation.
You Deserve to Be Compensated in Full
Our legal team believes that when you are in a Corvallis car accident caused by the negligence of someone else, you deserve to be compensated in full for your losses. We will work hard to get you a settlement that reflects the value of your:
- Medical expenses, both present and future;
- Lost wages, present and future;
- Property damage costs; and
- Pain, suffering, emotional stress, disability, and diminished quality of life.
Don’t Wait to Call Our Corvallis Car Accident Lawyers
When you are involved in a crash, you may experience a period of shock, depression, grief, fear, and more related to the crash, your injuries, and your recovery. We know how trying these emotions can be, and we understand why you may be hesitant to call a lawyer and start working on your case – reliving the accident can be incredibly painful. However, it is very important that you start working on your case as soon as possible. In fact, if you wait too long to pursue a claim, you risk breaching the state’s statute of limitations. The statute of limitations in Oregon is two years from the date of the accident – if you breach it, you will be indefinitely barred from recovery.
Call the Johnston Law Firm Today
Free Confidential Case Evaluation
Contact us today at
We’re conveniently located in downtown Portland, and we offer flexible hours by appointment.