Top Causes of Car Accidents in Oregon
If you are involved in a car accident, one of the most important things that you need to do is hire someone who can determine the cause of your car accident. This is because Oregon is a traditional “fault” state, which means that you’ll need to prove the fault of the other driver in order to recover compensation. Some of the top causes of car accidents in Oregon include:
- Distracted driving;
- Impaired driving;
- Fatigued driving;
- Failing to yield;
- Failing to follow posted traffic laws; and
- Aggressive driving.
If your accident was caused by something else, know that you can hold the other driver liable for your damages if you can prove that they breached the duty of care owed to you. We can help.
Recovering Damages from Car Accidents in Forest Grove
- Medical expenses. If a person is seriously injured in a car crash, they will incur medical expenses. This includes ambulance bills, hospital bills, medication and therapy expenses, costs associated with surgeries, doctor visit bills, and more.
- Property damage expenses. A crash that is serious will likely cause serious physical damage to vehicles involved. Repairing or replacing a vehicle can cost thousands or tens of thousands of dollars.
- Lost wages. If a person is injured in a car accident, their injuries may prevent them from being able to return to work immediately, or even long-term or permanently. This can result in lost wages and a loss of benefits.
- Pain, suffering, and emotional distress. Again, not all losses are countable and economic; many types of loss are intangible and more difficult to calculate as such. A person who has been seriously injured in a Forest Grove car crash deserves to be compensated for the value of their physical pain and suffering, as well as their emotional distress.
Who Pays for Damages from a Car Accident?
Oregon is an at-fault car insurance state, which means that the parties who cause accidents are responsible for paying for them. If you have been in a car crash, our Forest Grove car accident lawyer can assist you in bringing forth a claim against the appropriate party. In Oregon, all drivers are required to carry bodily injury and property damage liability insurance, as well as personal injury protection. Our lawyer can represent you in bringing forth a claim against the at-fault driver’s insurance, or your own insurance company. In addition to guiding you through the claims process, our law firm will also serve you by:
- Investigating your accident;
- Hiring experts who can investigate your accident and build your case;
- Calculating your damages and the value of your claim;
- Negotiating your settlement; and
- Representing you in litigation.
We know how terrifying being in a car accident can be, and we want to support you throughout the process. If you need help with any part of the recovery process, our law firm is able to assist.
Free Confidential Case Evaluation
Contact us today at
We’re conveniently located in downtown Portland, and we offer flexible hours by appointment.