Skip to Main Content
Call for a free Consultation 503-546-3167
banner background

Gladstone CAR

Start your free case review

Auto Accident Lawyer
Representing Injury Victims in Gladstone, OR


Many of us are fearful of the unknown, of the unexpected, because we try to plan our lives. We try to plan our days, from when we wake up, to when we go to sleep. But as most of us know, life tends to just happen, without following the plan we made. Car accidents are never a part of the plan, but that does not mean that if it happens, no one will be there to help you. We at the Johnston Law Firm, will be there to answer your questions, to be a shoulder to cry on. We will listen to your situation and give you our best, most honest advice about your next step. Give us a call today to get started on your car accident claim. Call 503-546-3167.

Don’t miss out on these common personal injury mistakes.

Get the legal counsel you need to guide you through the process of filing an injury claim.

Common Causes
of Car Accidents in Gladstone

No car accident is free of fear, nor are any free of variety. There are many causes for car accidents but as many that do unfortunately happen, there are a group of causes that happen time and time again. These are listed below:

  • Distracted driving (texting, drinking)
  • Following behind too closely
  • Illegal lane changes
  • Speeding
  • Failing to yield
  • Running a red light
  • Failing to avoid vehicle ahead (rear end)

What do I do
after a car accident?

After a car accident, there are a few things to do, but sometimes, it can be more important to know what NOT to do. The first steps below will outline some of the things you should do if you or a loved one are in a car accident. The second list will be some things not to do.

  • Make sure you and your loved ones are safe: pull the vehicle off the road to a safe place if possible. 
  • Call the police 
  • Take photos of all vehicle damage, missing vehicle parts, street names
  • Take photos of the other driver’s license, insurance coverage, license plate
  • Seek medical attention if necessary: urgent care can be a good place to go to just ensure nothing too serious is going on
  • Call your insurance company and report the accident
  • File a DMV accident report within 72 hours of the accident
  • Contact the Johnston Law Firm

Things NOT to do after a car accident:

  • Give a recorded statement to any insurance company before consulting with an attorney
  • Discuss details about the accident with the other driver (s)
  • Accept any cash or payment from the other driver (s) as compensation
  • Divulge anything other than the accident to any insurance company

Common Injuries/Pains 
After a Car Accident

When a car accident occurs, there can be many different tugs and pulls of the body when the impact arrives, that many times it is difficult to even feel too much right after the accident. The adrenaline of being in that situation tends to numb the pain for some time after the accident. You might feel completely fine immediately afterward, 20, 30 minutes afterward. You also might wake up the next morning with terrible aches and pains. These accidents can be tricky to know what happens to your body. There are some common injuries from car accidents though:

  • Whiplash
  • Lower body trauma (knee lacerations, foot pain)
  • Head trauma
  • Bulging discs in back
  • Herniated discs in back
  • Back pain in general
  • Neck stiffness and soreness

Filing a car accident 
insurance claim on time

In the state of Oregon, the victim has exactly two years from the date of the injuries (same date of accident) to file their personal injury claim. The first step in this process is to report it to your insurance companies and the DMV. The very next call needs to be to an experienced car accident attorney in Gladstone. We at the Johnston Law Firm will be there to not only listen to you, but also to give you a free case assessment and decide whether we could be suited to help you, or if another experienced car accident attorney is right for you. Either way, you will end your conversation with us, knowing that there are people to help you through this, as well as how to maneuver this tricky and confusing process.

Time is of the essence with these claims though. If you fail to bring your case within this two-year timeframe, the state will deem your case “time-barred” and therefore, losing your right for compensation. Make sure to get started on these steps as early as you can. Ensure you and your loved ones’ safety and security, then make the calls necessary to begin ensuring your future in this situation. 

Asked Questions

Your first step is to file the accident report with your insurance company and DMV. The next step is to call an experienced attorney’s office. We will listen to your situation and assess whether we can help you or if another attorney can be better suited to help you. If we do decide we could be best suited to help you, we would schedule an in-person meeting to discuss the case further and then give you the necessary documents to sign if you choose to hire us as your attorney.

This will be unknown to the full extent until all investigations are completed but we can assure you, we will fight to get you back what you lost. We will help you ensure you and your loved ones’ safety and security.

If the other driver is found to be at fault in the accident, their insurance company will most likely cover the damages of the vehicle. They will either deem it “totaled” and offer you a check to buy the totaled vehicle from you, or they will put a price on the damages. Our best recommendation in this situation is take the vehicle to a private auto body shop and have them give you an estimate for the damages. Insurance companies use shops that they know and who have a financial stake in the assessment.

johnston profile

Johnston Law Firm, located in Portland, handles car accident claims throughout Oregon, including Gladstone.


Contact Us for a FREE Consultation

If you have been seriously injured at no fault of your own, please contact us using the form.


CALL 503-546-3167 NOW