Start your free case review
Auto Accident Lawyer
Representing Injury Victims in Keizer, OR
About Johnston Law Firm
This life is full of surprises, both good and bad, and no matter what, you deserve to have people on your side in all times of your life. Car accidents are rarely predicted and come with a cost, sometimes both financially and physically. These accidents make us scared of not only what just happened, but what could happen in the future.
Common Causes of Car
Accidents in Keizer
When unexpected events occur, many of our first questions is “how?” How could something like this happen to me? The answer to this question can have many different answers, but throughout all the car accidents that happen every year, we see a few similarities. The following are some of the most common causes of car accidents:
- Following too closely behind
- Illegal lane changing
- Reckless driving tactics
- Distracted driving
- Driving too fast for the current conditions
What Types of Compensation
can I receive from a car accident in Keizer?
If you or a loved one are injured in a car accident or pass away from those injuries, you could be able to pursue and receive compensation for your losses. In the state of Oregon, there are two types of damages a victim can receive compensation for. Both of these damages are designed to compensate the victim for their losses.
Economic Damages: compensate an injured plaintiff for direct financial losses, such as medication costs, hospitalization stays, surgery bills and lost wages. Economic damages are defined by Oregon law as “objectively verifiable monetary losses including but not limited to reasonable charges necessarily incurred for medical, hospital, nursing and rehabilitative services and other health care services, burial and memorial expenses, loss of income and past and future impairment of earning capacity”.
Noneconomic Damages: compensate an injured plaintiff for more subjective losses such as emotional trauma or distress. Oregon law defines these as “subjective, non-monetary losses, including but not limited to pain, mental suffering, emotional distress, humiliation”. These damages are more difficult to quantify, as emotional pain can be traumatic and long-lasting, as well as difficult to recover from.
Don’t miss out on these common personal injury mistakes.
Helpful Tips for
Car Accident Victims
When a car accident occurs, so many thoughts and feelings go through the minds of all people involved. This influx of adrenaline and anxiety can be overwhelming for many of us. As it is difficult to expect the unexpected, there are some helpful tips for you to consider if you or a loved one are ever in an accident. On behalf of us at the Johnston Law Firm, here are a few of those tips:
- Do not speak about the details of the accident with the other party (comments have the potential to damage your credibility and possible evidence)
- Obtain photos of all vehicle damage (both your vehicle and theirs)
- Take pictures of their license, license plate and insurance coverage
- Seek medical attention if necessary: you may think you feel fine but going to the urgent care nearby might be a smart idea. Some injuries can go under the radar and after an accident, the adrenaline you feel might numb some pain that will come later on.
- Call your insurance company and report the accident. DO NOT give a recorded statement before first calling an experienced Keizer car accident attorney
- File an accident report through DMV within 72 hours of the accident
Hiring an Experienced
Keizer Car Accident Lawyer
If you give us a call at the Johnston Law Firm, we will not only listen to your story, but we will also give you a free consultation in order to find the best help for you. This could come in the form of legal advice, one of our trusted attorney referrals, or even a further meeting to discuss more details about your case if we feel we could be your best option. No matter your situation or legal needs, we will be there to help in any way we can. Call us today for a free consultation at 503-546-3167, or reach out to us using our contact form.
As frantic and scared you might be after a car accident, there are some things you can do to ensure not only your safety, but also your future financial security.
- Make sure you and your loved ones are safe, pull the vehicle off the road to a safe place if possible.
- Call the police
- Take photos of all vehicle damage, missing vehicle parts, street names
- Take photos of the other driver’s license, insurance coverage, license plate
- Seek medical attention if necessary: urgent care can be a good place to go to just ensure nothing too serious is going on
- Call your insurance company and report the accident
- File a DMV accident report within 72 hours of the accident
- Call us at the Johnston Law Firm
An attorney may seem unnecessary at first glance for you, but trust us, dealing with a car accident claim on your own is confusing, frustrating, and more often than not, unfair. Insurance companies do not want you to hire an attorney, especially not us at the Johnston Law Firm. They know that once an experienced and dedicated Keizer car accident lawyer is on the case, none of their games can be played on you. We will not only handle all communications with the insurance companies, but we will ensure that they treat you and cover you like they are obligated to do. We will protect you and fight to get you back what you lost.
“PIP” stands for Personal Injury Protection Insurance. If you were injured as the driver or passenger of a car, and even as a pedestrian or bicyclist, you will most likely have PIP coverage. PIP coverage comes from your own, or from another person’s auto insurance, and provides at least $15,000 of no-fault medical bill coverage so you can seek the treatment you need—even before health insurance kicks in to pay bills. PIP coverage also provides you with at least $15,000 of coverage if you cannot work because of injury. In some cases, you may have more than these amounts, and it’s important that your car accident attorney evaluate and obtain all the coverage that is available.
Contact Us for a FREE Consultation
- Portland Personal Injury
- Boating Accident
- Brain Injuries
- Burn Injuries
- Catastrophic Injuries
- Child Injuries
- Civil Rights
- Defective Product
- Dog Bite Injuries
- Elder Abuse
- Explosion & Fire Accidents
- Inadequate Security
- Neck Injury
- Sexual Assault
- Sports Injury
- Swimming Pool Accident
- Tenant Injury
- Victims of Crime
- Work Site & Industrial Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Airplane Accident
- Bicycle Accident
- Portland Bus Accident Attorney
- Portland Car Accident Attorney
- Portland Commercial Vehicles Accidents
- Crashes Involving Uber, Lyft & Taxi Drivers
- Distracted Driver Accidents
- Dram Shop Claims
- Drugged Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Accidents Involving Government Vehicles
- Hit and Run
- Motorcycle Accident
- Pedestrian Injury
- Truck Accident
- Snow & Ice Accidents
- Train Accident
- Health Insurance Denials
- Portland Trials and Civil Litigation
- Medical, Device, & Drug
– Michelle E.
Mr. Johnston and his firm were incredibly thorough in getting us a fair settlement from our insurance company with little to no pressure. We really appreciated having someone who truly cared about us every step of the way. I would highly recommend the Johnston Law Firm to anyone in need of personal injury representation.
Contact Us for a FREE Consultation
If you have been seriously injured at no fault of your own, please contact us using the form.
CALL 503-546-3167 NOW