Portland Defective Product Attorney
People are hurt each and every day by the products they use and trust. Dangerous, defective, inadequately labeled or improperly used products can be found almost anywhere. The injuries caused by defective and dangerous products can be unusual and severe. The Johnston Law Firm represents people who have been injured due to defective product design, defective manufacturing, inadequate labeling and product warnings, misuse by a third party, recalls and other factors. If you have suffered a significant injury, contact a Portland defective products lawyer at our office immediately.
In our country, we assume that the products we use have undergone stringent design and testing to ensure safety. Nothing less should be required when the health and safety of our families, children and consumers are at issue. Unfortunately, corners are cut all the time, whether it is to save money, or because a company failed to consider an obvious safety hazard or design change. When you suffer an injury from a dangerous product defect, you may have a product liability claim, and should contact a Portland product liability lawyer.
At the Johnston Law Firm, we know how to thoroughly investigate your injury and identify all responsible parties. Depending on your injury, you may have claims against the manufacturer, a manufacturer of a component part, the wholesaler or the retail outlet that sold the product. We hire top experts to assist with the preparation of your case, including design and manufacturing specialists and economists, who will be available to testify if your case proceeds to trial. When your case is fully prepared, we will make a demand on any responsible party (or their insurer) on your behalf. If the responsible party or the insurance company will not fairly compensate you for your loss, we will take your case to trial.
Injury can be a result of accidents caused by defective products of all kinds, including:
- SUV rollovers
- Consumer products
- Construction equipment
- Sports equipment
- Helmets (sports, motorcycle, etc.)
- Children’s toys
- Ladders and scaffolding
- Contaminated food
- Prescription medication
- Auto defects, including tires, gas pedals, seatbelts, airbags or door handles
- Toxic inhalation or ingestion
These and many other products can cause significant injury even when they are used in the proper manner. Design or manufacturing defects can lead to serious accidents or illnesses. If you have been hurt while using a product, we encourage you to contact our firm immediately to take advantage of a free case evaluation with our Portland defective products attorney.
The attorney at the Johnston Law Firm handle injuries caused by defects that typically fall into four general categories:
- Manufacturing: Many products go through an intricate, multi-stage manufacturing process — the more complex the product, the more complex the process. With so many workers involved in the process, it is easy for steps to get missed. Screws, nails or staples might not be properly attached, and rough edges might not be smoothed out.
- Design: Sometimes a project looks great on paper, but in reality, the product might have dangerous features including sharp edges, missing or defective safety features or exposed screws or nails.
- Marketing or instructional materials: Often the promotional materials of a product promise features that are not actually a part of the product. Individuals can be misled and hurt while using products that are not clearly represented. In this same vein, we often find instruction manuals that are written incorrectly or in a confusing manner.
- Recalls: Many times, manufacturers are late in reporting a recall notice to a retailer. Often, recall notices are only posted after individuals have already been hurt. Even when the recalls are sent to a retail store, they might not get posted immediately. Any of these situations can potentially lead to injury.
Contact an Oregon Defective Products Lawyer
If you have questions regarding defective products, contact the Johnston Law Firm by calling 503-546-3167 or via the e-mail form on this website. We offer a free initial consultation and flexible hours by appointment.
The Johnston Law Firm, LLC proudly represents clients in all cities and counties in Oregon: Portland, Gresham, Milwaukie, Lake Oswego, Tigard, Beaverton, Hillsboro, Multnomah, Washington, Clackamas.
- Biden Nixes ‘Surprise’ Medical Billing Practices, a Common Problem In Portland Personal Injury Claims - July 28, 2021
- Four Common Problems That Make Box Truck Accidents More Likely To Happen - July 21, 2021
- New Study Shows Lower-Income Neighborhoods Most At Risk For Pedestrian Accident Deaths - July 14, 2021