Start your free case review
Auto Accident Lawyer
Representing Injury Victims
in Silverton, OR
Being involved in a car accident is like being thrown into a world of unknowns. You may be scared, angry, shocked or all the above. Regardless of how it happens, it is scary for all involved parties. No matter the situation, we at the Johnston Law Firm will be here to help you in any way we can. If you or a loved one has been injured in an auto accident or has passed away from those injuries, compensation may be eligible to you. Give us a call today to get started on getting your life back. Call 503-546-3167.
About Johnston Law Firm
of Car Accidents
Many of today’s car accidents are results of poor decision making and human errors. These decisions and mistakes put not only the person committing them in danger, but also everyone else on the roads. The list below shows some of the most common causes of car accidents.
- Illegal lane changes
- Distracted driving
- Driving too fast for the current decisions
- Failing to yield to oncoming traffic
- Failing to avoid oncoming vehicle ahead
These causes put everyone at risk and result in many different types of collisions and accidents. We represent many clients who have been involved in these types of collisions and accidents:
- Truck collisions
- Accident involving pedestrians
- Accidents involving the elderly
- Hit and runs
- Rear end collisions
- Head on collisions
- Side impact collisions
on your Car Accident Claim in Silverton
The first thing to do to begin your claim is to report the accident to your insurance company and file an official DMV accident report. You then should give us a call at 503-546-3167 to get our quick and honest legal advice for you.
We will listen to you and help you in any way we can. There are a few deadlines you will need to keep in mind if you wish to pursue compensation though. The first is to file that DMV report within 3 days of the accident. This will help the record keeping of your case. The other much more important deadline is two years.
You, as a victim of a car accident have two years from the date of the accident and injuries (same day) to file your case. Although this might seem like a chunk of time, it can fly by and you can get yourself in trouble if you wait too long. Even if you give us a call with six months to go before the two years, it can be difficult to build an adequate case on your behalf, for any attorney. Contact us as soon as possible so we can begin helping you.
Don’t miss out on these common personal injury mistakes.
for Car Accident Victims
In a process like after a car accident, it can be easy to be so shocked and scared, or hurt, to be a bit numb to what to do, or who to talk to. What we at the Johnston Law Firm focus on is you. We want you to feel secure and safe in this unknown time. There are some things not to do in this process, while there are some things to make sure to do.
What NOT to do after a car accident
- Discuss the details of the accident with the other driver: this can get both sides into a trickier mess than a car accident already is, especially if you choose to hire an attorney. Let your attorney deal with this side of the incident, while you focus on recovering.
- Give a recorded statement to an insurance company before contacting an attorney: they will call you many times to get more and more information from you. This will progress into a request for a recorded statement regarding the accident. Ignore this call or simply tell them you are not ready. Contact us at the Johnston Law Firm as soon as possible.
- Accept cash as settlement from the other driver (s): this can complicate things for your case as well. Some people may offer but do your best to decline.
Helpful things to do after an accident
- Pull off the road to a safe spot out of traffic
- Take pictures of the other driver’s license plate, license, and insurance coverage card
- Take pictures of all vehicle damage
- Speak with any possible witnesses; gather their name and phone number
- Report the accident to your insurance company and DMV when you get home
- Call an experienced Silverton car accident attorney at 503-546-3167
We are here
to help you in any way
Giving us a call is a great place to start, even if you think you do not need an attorney, or you think you cannot afford one. We will listen to you and give you a free case review on the phone. We will assess whether we are best suited to help you or if another attorney would be. Our advice is honest, quick, and helpful. We are here for you, for whatever you need.
Yes, you can. We at the Johnston Law Firm work on a contingency-fee basis. This means we do not make money until we obtain a settlement for you. We want to fight for you to get you back on your feet and ensure you are treated fairly by everyone.
In short, not likely. We work tirelessly to ensure court does not happen. Rarely do these kinds of cases go to trial but we prepare as if court was tomorrow.
This will depend on the insurance policies involved as well as who accepted liability. For example, if you are rear ended and the at-fault driver’s insurance accepts full liability, they will most likely cover the damage or offer you an amount to buy your vehicle from you. In many cases, your insurance will handle the medical aspect while the at-fault driver’s insurance will handle the vehicle damage aspect.
Contact Us for a FREE Consultation
– Michelle E.
Mr. Johnston and his firm were incredibly thorough in getting us a fair settlement from our insurance company with little to no pressure. We really appreciated having someone who truly cared about us every step of the way. I would highly recommend the Johnston Law Firm to anyone in need of personal injury representation.
Contact Us for a FREE Consultation
If you have been seriously injured at no fault of your own, please contact us using the form.
CALL 503-546-3167 NOW