Start your free case review
Experienced Car Accident
Injured Victims in Tillamook, OR
The Tillamook Coast is among the most beautiful areas in Oregon, and both residents of the state and annual visitors spend time at the beach surfing or crabbing, enjoy the scenic views, hike through Oswald West State Park, and visit the Tillamook Cheese Factory for local ice cream and cheese. It’s an area of Oregon that welcomes visitors year-round, with different activities during the various seasons. However, more vehicles on the Tillamook Coast also means an increased risk of motor vehicle accidents.
When a driver behaves negligently behind the wheel, other motorists can sustain serious and fatal injuries in collisions. If you or someone you love got hurt in a car wreck in Tillamook, an experienced Tillamook car accident attorney can begin working on your case immediately. Do not hesitate to get in touch with the injury lawyers at the Johnston Law Firm to find out more about how we serve car accident victims in Oregon.
About Johnston Law Firm
Tillamook Car Accident
If you are involved in a car crash, what steps can you expect to go through before you obtain financial compensation for your losses? While it is important to remember that each case will have a particular set of facts and that we cannot provide a detailed analysis of your claims process before speaking with you about your case, the following are common steps in the Tillamook car accident claims process:
- Report the accident to your insurance company and seek medical attention for your injuries;
- Determine whether to file a first-party or third-party auto insurance claim with help from your Tillamook car accident lawyer;
- Allow the insurance company to conduct its investigation;
- Negotiate with the insurance company for a fair and reasonable settlement offer to compensate you for your losses;
- File a car accident lawsuit if the insurance company does not offer a reasonable settlement, or if the settlement cannot fully compensate you for your losses;
- Negotiate with the at-fault party (or parties) with assistance from your Tillamook auto accident lawyer;
- Take your case to trial if the at-fault party will not offer a reasonable settlement; and
Court will reach a verdict, and you will obtain a damages award if you win your case.
Don’t miss out on these common personal injury mistakes.
Mistakes You Should
Avoid in Car Crash Cases
When you have been injured in a collision caused by another motorist’s error, it is essential to do everything you can to avoid a mistake that could prevent you from obtaining the financial compensation you need and deserve. The following are common mistakes that every injury victim should avoid:
- Admitting fault, either to the other driver or to the insurance company: You need to remember that the insurance company will never be on your side in a car accident case. To be sure, the insurance company will be considered with its own numbers, and if it can avoid paying your claim, it will do so. Admitting fault can also result in you being barred from recovery under Oregon’s comparative negligence law if you are 51 percent or more to blame. Even if you are 50 percent or less at fault, your damages award will still be diminished by your percentage of fault.
- Failing to be assessed by a healthcare provider: Many injuries in Oregon car crashes and truck accidents do not show up right away. If you wait to see your doctor and your injuries get worse because of your delay, the at-fault driver might argue that you are not entitled to damages under Oregon’s comparative negligence law.
- Accepting a settlement offer without consulting a lawyer: Insurance companies will do their best to pay out as little as possible when they receive an insurance claim. It can be difficult for car accident victims to know whether the insurance company is offering a reasonable settlement without speaking to a lawyer, and a car accident victim may be tempted to take any settlement offer at all when medical bills are piling up. Do not make this mistake in the short term when an Oregon car accident lawyer can help you to get a better settlement offer that will provide you with more resources in the long term.
- Missing the time window set by the statute of limitations: According to Oregon’s personal injury statute of limitations, most car accident lawsuits need to be filed in court within two years from the date the accident occurred. If an injured person does not file a lawsuit within that amount of time, she or he could end up with a time-barred claim regardless of the strength of the evidence in the case.
Contact Us for a FREE Consultation
- Portland Personal Injury
- Boating Accident
- Brain Injuries
- Burn Injuries
- Catastrophic Injuries
- Child Injuries
- Civil Rights
- Defective Product
- Dog Bite Injuries
- Elder Abuse
- Explosion & Fire Accidents
- Inadequate Security
- Neck Injury
- Sexual Assault
- Sports Injury
- Swimming Pool Accident
- Tenant Injury
- Victims of Crime
- Work Site & Industrial Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Airplane Accident
- Bicycle Accident
- Portland Bus Accident Attorney
- Portland Car Accident Attorney
- Portland Commercial Vehicles Accidents
- Crashes Involving Uber, Lyft & Taxi Drivers
- Distracted Driver Accidents
- Dram Shop Claims
- Drugged Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Accidents Involving Government Vehicles
- Hit and Run
- Motorcycle Accident
- Pedestrian Injury
- Truck Accident
- Snow & Ice Accidents
- Train Accident
- Health Insurance Denials
- Portland Trials and Civil Litigation
- Medical, Device, & Drug
– Michelle E.
Mr. Johnston and his firm were incredibly thorough in getting us a fair settlement from our insurance company with little to no pressure. We really appreciated having someone who truly cared about us every step of the way. I would highly recommend the Johnston Law Firm to anyone in need of personal injury representation.
Contact Us for a FREE Consultation
If you have been seriously injured at no fault of your own, please contact us using the form.
CALL 503-546-3167 NOW