WEST LINN PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT LAWYERStart your free case review
We Represent Injured
Pedestrians in West Linn and Throughout Clackamas County
The Johnston Law Firm, LLC is a personal injury law firm devoted to protecting the rights and interests of victims and families throughout Oregon, including West Linn. We have a proven record of success handling a wide range of personal injury claims. Indeed, The Johnston Law Firm and founding attorney Marc A. Johnston have been honored with a number of different awards. We are proud to have earned the respect of peers across the legal community. Notable recognitions include:
- Marc A. Johnston was selected as one of Oregon’s Top 50 Super Lawyers;
- Marc A. Johnston was named as one of the Best Lawyers;
- Marc A. Johnston was listed by the National Trial Lawyers Top 100; and
- Our law firm is a member of the highly selective Multi-million Dollar Advocates Forum.
To set up a free case review with a top-rated Oregon pedestrian accident lawyer, please contact us today.
About Johnston Law Firm
What to Do After a
Pedestrian Collision in West Linn
The unfortunate reality is those pedestrian collisions are an all-too-common occurrence in West Linn. If you have been involved in a pedestrian collision in West Linn, it is crucial to take the right steps to protect yourself legally and medically. Here are the key things you should do:
- Get Medical Attention for Injuries: Priority one is always your physical health and emotional well-being. After a pedestrian collision in West Linn, seek medical attention for any injuries. Note: You cannot bring a personal injury claim unless you see a doctor.
- Document the Pedestrian Accident: Documenting the accident is essential for future legal purposes. Take photos of the scene, your injuries, and the vehicles involved. Get the contact information of the driver and any witnesses, and record the driver’s license plate number and insurance information.
- Beware of the Driver’s Insurance Company: Oregon is an at-fault auto accident state. A driver is not automatically liable for a pedestrian crash. Their insurance company will try to find a way to limit their liability. Work with insurers through a lawyer.
- Consult WIth a West Linn Pedestrian Injury Attorney: Do not go it alone. A West Linn, OR pedestrian injury attorney can help you navigate the legal process, negotiate with the insurance company, and ensure that you receive fair compensation for your injuries.
Pedestrian Accidents Can
Cause Serious Injuries
Pedestrian collisions remain a serious public safety issue. Nationally, approximately 7,000 pedestrians lose their lives in motor vehicle crashes each year. The Oregon Department of Transportation reports that 953 pedestrians were injured and 85 were killed in accidents in the state in 2019. In 2020, there were two pedestrian accidents in West Linn. Both of which resulted in reported injuries. As pedestrians are exposed, crashes can cause traumatic injuries. Some of the most common pedestrian accident injuries in Oregon include:
- Scrapes and bruises;
- Cuts and lacerations;
- Sprains and strains;
- Fractures (broken bones);
- Head injuries (concussion and TBIs);
- Spinal cord injuries;
- Internal organ damage; and
Don’t miss out on these common personal injury mistakes.
Crash Laws in Oregon
To bring a successful pedestrian accident injury claim in West Linn, you must understand how these cases are handled under Oregon law. While there are many similarities across jurisdictions, Oregon also has some unique pedestrian laws. Here is an overview:
- Pedestrians have Right of Way at Marked Crosswalks and Most Intersections: Oregon law mandates that pedestrians have the right of way at marked crosswalks and most intersections, whether or not they are marked. Vehicles must yield to pedestrians who are lawfully within the crosswalk or intersection. This means that if a pedestrian is crossing the street at a marked crosswalk, drivers must stop to allow them to cross safely.
- Oregon is an At-Fault Pedestrian Accident State: In Oregon, pedestrian accidents are considered at-fault legal cases. A driver is not automatically liable for a crash. Instead, the person or party responsible for causing the accident is held accountable for any resulting damages or injuries. If a driver causes a pedestrian accident, they are considered at fault and are liable for any damages or injuries sustained by the pedestrian. Fault matters. Every pedestrian crash in West Linn requires an in-depth, detail-driven investigation.
- Comparative Negligence is Used to Apportion Liability: Oregon also uses a comparative negligence system to apportion liability in pedestrian accident cases (ORS § 31.600). Comparative negligence means that the court will consider the actions of both the pedestrian and the driver (or another defendant) to determine who was at fault for the accident. If the pedestrian is found to have contributed to the accident in any way, such as by crossing the street against a red light, their compensation may be reduced by their share of the blame. For example, if a pedestrian in West Linn was found 20 percent at fault for their accident, they will be held legally liable for 20 percent of the damages.
- The Statute of Limitations is Two Years: Under Oregon law (ORS §12.110), a person must file a personal injury claim within two years of the date of the accident. If a claim is not filed within this time frame, the injured person may be barred from recovering any damages. Do not wait too long to get started with your pedestrian accident claim. Key evidence can easily get lost. The sooner you speak to a West Linn pedestrian accident lawyer, the better.
Why We are the Best Law
Firm for Pedestrian Injury Claims
A pedestrian crash can change your entire life in the course of a few seconds. Trying to put the pieces back together for yourself and your family can be hard. Following a crash, it is crucial that you know the right steps to take to secure the full and fair financial compensation that you deserve under the law. As part of our pedestrian accident practice at The Johnston Law Firm, LLC, we go above and beyond to protect the rights of injured victims. Here are five key reasons why we are the best law firm for pedestrian accident claims in West Linn, OR:Proactive Approach: We pride ourselves on taking a proactive approach to pedestrian injury claims in West Linn. Our dedicated legal team works tirelessly to gather evidence, identify liable parties, and advocate for our clients’ rights from the very beginningOpen and Transparent Communication: You should never be in the dark about what is happening with your case. Our car accident lawyers believe in maintaining open and transparent communication throughout the entire legal process. We are always standing by, ready to answer your questions.Personal Attention: We understand that every pedestrian injury claim is unique, and we tailor our approach to suit the specific needs and circumstances of each case. By taking the time to get to know our clients and understand their goals, our attorneys develop customized legal strategies that maximize the likelihood of success.Deep Experience With Insurance Claims: The big insurance companies are not on your side. Even when there are no real questions about liability, insurers fight hard to pay out as little as possible. Our West Linn pedestrian accident lawyers have unique insight into the way insurance companies handle claims.Proven Record of Results: At the end of the day, nothing is more important than results. Our experienced personal injury attorney has a proven record of success in personal injury claims. It is our fundamental mission to help our clients maximize their financial compensation. We do not settle claims for less.
We have dealt with many personal injury cases and we will give your case the individualize attention that it needs to help you receive the largest compensation possible! Call today for a free consult and to see what other personal injury claims we handle!
Compensation for a Pedestrian Accident in West Linn
Were you hurt in a pedestrian crash in West Linn? You must know what to do to maximize your financial recovery. In Oregon, injured pedestrians can seek compensation for out-of-pocket losses and intangible damages. That being said, insurers always try to resolve liability for less.
Our West Linn, OR pedestrian accident lawyers have the skills and expertise to maximize your settlement. You may be entitled to seek compensation for the following types of damages:
- Ambulance costs and emergency room treatment;
- Hospital bills and other medical costs;
- Lost wages and diminished earning power;
- Pain and suffering and mental anguish;
- Scarring or physical impairment; and
- Wrongful death of a family member.
Pedestrian Accidents in West Linn: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)
The duration of a personal injury claim varies depending on several factors, such as the severity of the injury, the complexity of the case, and whether the parties involved can reach an agreement. Some claims may settle quickly, while others may take months or even years, especially if there is a dispute or if the case goes to trial. Working with a top West Linn pedestrian accident injury attorney can help streamline the process and ensure that you receive fair compensation.
It is a common question without a simple answer. The value of a pedestrian accident claim in Oregon depends on several factors, including the severity of the injuries, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. Every case is unique, so it’s difficult to estimate the value of a claim without examining the details of your case. Never agree to settle a case unless you know what it is worth.
Most pedestrian accident claims settle outside of court, but in some cases, going to trial may be necessary. Regardless, your West Linn pedestrian accident attorney must prepare a strong and well-supported case. Not only will this ensure that your rights are protected no matter what happens, but it will also put you in the best position to get a full and fair settlement offer from the insurer.
How West Linn Pedestrian
Accident Lawyer Marc A. JohnstonCan Help
Pedestrian accident claims are complex legal cases. Going up against an insurance company is never easy. At The Johnston Law Firm, LLC, we are devoted to providing proactive legal representation that clients can trust. Among other things, our West Linn pedestrian accident attorneys are ready to:
- Conduct an in-depth review and evaluation of your case;
- Investigate the pedestrian crash, gathering evidence and information;
- Advocate for you in any settlement negotiations with insurers; and
- Take your case as far as needed to maximize your recovery.
We are laser-focused on doing what is right for injured victims and their families. With a history of client testimonials and a proven record of successful results, you and your family can count on our West Linn pedestrian accident lawyers for top-quality legal guidance and support.
We Represent Injured
Pedestrians in West Linn, OR On Contingency
Suffered a serious injury in a pedestrian crash in West Linn? You do not have to take on the legal claims process alone. No matter your financial circumstances, a top-rated Oregon pedestrian accident lawyer is always affordable. We handle these cases on a contingency fee basis.
There are no upfront costs, hourly bills, or out-of-pocket fees. Our West Linn pedestrian accident lawyers only get paid when you get a settlement or verdict.
Contact Us for a FREE Consultation
– Michelle E.
Mr. Johnston and his firm were incredibly thorough in getting us a fair settlement from our insurance company with little to no pressure. We really appreciated having someone who truly cared about us every step of the way. I would highly recommend the Johnston Law Firm to anyone in need of personal injury representation.
Contact Our West Linn Pedestrian Accident Attorney Today
At The Johnston Law Firm, LLC, our West Linn pedestrian collision lawyer is committed to getting serious results in serious injury cases. If you or someone you know was hurt in a crash, professional guidance is available. Call us now or contact us online for a no-cost, no-obligation consultation.
We represent injured pedestrians in West Linn and throughout all of Clackamas County.
Contact Us for a FREE Consultation
If you have been seriously injured at no fault of your own, please contact us using the form.
CALL 503-546-3167 NOW