Skip to Main Content
Call for a free Consultation 503-546-3167
banner background

Wilsonville car

Start your free case review

Auto Accident Lawyer
Representing Injury Victims in Wilsonville, OR

If there is one common phrase we can bring into the car accident, personal injury world, it is to expect the unexpected. Car accidents are rarely expected, and even when they are in the slightest, it is most likely too late to change course. These accidents can happen to any of us, but for those who it has happened to, it is scary. What we at the Johnston Law Firm are here to do is to make this process less scary. We are here to support you in your mission to get back what you lost and get back to your normal life. We want to help you in any way we can, even if we do not represent you in a legal case, we are here. Give us a call today at 503-546-3167 to begin your car accident claim.

Why Should I 
Call a Lawyer?

Calling an attorney is always smart if you or a loved one get injured in a car accident. At the very least, you will leave a conversation with us, with a better understanding of how this process goes and what you need to look out for. We will give you our best and most honest advice regarding your next step.

An experienced Wilsonville car accident attorney can help guide you through this process to ensure you get back what you lost, and ensure that you obtain all available benefits, including coverage for medical benefits, future medical expenses, lost wages and pain and suffering. Even if you choose not to hire an attorney, our best recommendation is to at least give us a call. Take advantage of our time that we give you. We are here to help.


What Kinds of 
Damages are Eligible for Compensation?

In car accident cases in the state of Oregon, there are two types of damages that are eligible for compensation, both of which are designed to compensate the victim. Economic and noneconomic damages are explained below:

  • Economic Damages: compensate an injured plaintiff for direct financial losses, such as medication costs, hospitalization stays, surgery bills and lost wages. Economic damages are defined by Oregon law as “objectively verifiable monetary losses including but not limited to reasonable charges necessarily incurred for medical, hospital, nursing and rehabilitative services and other health care services, burial and memorial expenses, loss of income and past and future impairment of earning capacity”.
  • Noneconomic Damages: compensate an injured plaintiff for more subjective losses such as emotional trauma or distress. Oregon law defines these as “subjective, non-monetary losses, including but not limited to pain, mental suffering, emotional distress, humiliation”. These damages are more difficult to quantify, as emotional pain can be traumatic and long-lasting, as well as difficult to recover from. 

Don’t miss out on these common personal injury mistakes.

Get the legal counsel you need to guide you through the process of filing an injury claim.

Common Injuries from 
Car Accidents in Wilsonville

As unpredictable as an accident can be, injuries sustained from these accidents can be even more unpredictable and varied. Some major car accidents can result in minor to injuries for one person, while a minor accident can cause life-altering injuries to a different individual. As varied as these injuries can be, there does tend to be a collection of various ones that appear frequently:

  • Head trauma
  • Lower body trauma
  • Lacerations 
  • Bulging discs in back
  • Herniated discs in back
  • Whiplash
  • Concussion

Common Causes of
Car Accidents in Wilsonville

Car accidents have so many factors that go into not only how it occurs, but also how it affects the people involved. As many causes as there can be for car accidents, there are a few that show up again and again. These are listed below:

  • Distracted driving (texting, drinking)
  • Following too closely behind
  • Illegal lane changes
  • Failing to avoid the vehicle in front (rear ending)
  • Driving too fast for the current conditions

How to Begin
your Car Accident Case

If you or a loved one is injured in a car accident, or pass away from those injuries, you have the right to consult with an attorney. After an accident, your first steps should include getting to safety, obtaining all information available at the scene; other driver’s license, insurance coverage, vehicle damage, license plate, photos of your vehicle, witness information.

Obtain as much of these items as possible before contacting your insurance company to formally report an accident. You should also file an accident report through DMV within 72 hours of the accident.

Your next step should be to contact an experienced and dedicated car accident lawyer in Wilsonville. If you call us at the Johnston Law Firm, we will listen to what happened and give you our very best advice about your next step, whether it be to set up an in-person meeting with Attorney Marc Johnston or to refer you to another attorney who might be better suited to help you. If we do set up a meeting, you will be able to sit down with Marc Johnston and discuss your case further, at which time you can decide to officially begin your case. We will walk you through every step of the way in this difficult time and take care of your legal needs so you can focus on your recovery. Give us a call today at 503-546-3167.

Asked Questions

Attorney Marc Johnston and his team will work tirelessly for you to get you back what you lost. We will do everything in our power to settle your case fairly and will take no shortcuts in doing so. We have every intention to settle before trial, but we will prepare every day like we were going to trial. These cases rarely go all the way to trial but that will not stop us in our preparation and pursuit for what you deserve.

Your initial consultation will be free of charge and if we do indeed agree with you to represent you, we will work on a contingency fee basis. This means that the fee might change if the case ends up changing in various ways. The amount total will not be finalized until the case is completed.

From the initial accident, you have two years from that date to bring a case forward. The sooner you reach out to an experienced car accident attorney, the sooner your case can begin and be completed. Once your case is started, the timeline can be difficult to predict, as there are many moving parts that can dictate how long investigations can take.

johnston profile

Johnston Law Firm, located in Portland, handles car accident claims throughout Oregon, including Wilsonville.


Contact Us for a FREE Consultation

If you have been seriously injured at no fault of your own, please contact us using the form.


CALL 503-546-3167 NOW