Start your free case review
We Advocate for Injured
Victims in Albany and Throughout Linn County
About Johnston Law Firm
Located in Linn County, Albany is a rapidly growing community in the Willamette Valley. Some of the most noteworthy sites and attractions in the city include the Historic Carousel and Museum, Waverly Lake Park, the Talking Water Gardens, the Albany Antique Mall, and the Historic Downtown. We are proud to work on behalf of people who need help in Albany, Oregon.
At The Johnston Law Firm, LLC, our Albany personal injury attorney is an experienced, aggressive advocate for clients. If you or your family member was hurt in an accident, we are here to protect your rights and help you secure financial compensation. Contact us today to set up your free, strictly confidential consultation with a top-rated Oregon personal injury lawyer.
We Handle All Types of
Personal Injury Claims in Albany, Oregon
The Johnston Law Firm is a boutique personal injury law firm representing victims and families in Linn County and throughout the surrounding region in Oregon. We are devoted to providing personalized, top-end legal representation to every client. No matter how your accident occurred, our team can help. Our Albany personal injury attorney has experience with:
- Car Accidents: Hurt in a car wreck in Linn County? You do not have to navigate the insurance claims process alone. Call our Albany, OR car accident lawyer today for a free, no commitment initial consultation.
- Truck Accidents: Large trucking companies must put an emphasis on public safety. Their failure to do so can lead to catastrophic harm. Our Albany, OR truck accident attorney fights tirelessly to hold negligent truckers, truck companies, and insurers liable.
- Premises Liability: We take on the full spectrum of premises liability claims in Albany. Whether you were hurt in a slip and fall accident, due to negligent security, or otherwise unsafe conditions on property, we are here as a legal resource.
- Product Liability: Were you or a loved one hurt by a dangerous and defective product in Oregon? Contact our Albany defective product lawyer for a free review of your case.
- Medical Malpractice: Doctors, nurses, hospitals, and other health providers must ensure that patients receive proper care. When harm occurs because of subpar care, they may be liable through a medical malpractice claim in Oregon.
- Wrongful Death: We advocate tirelessly for the rights and interests of grieving families who lost a loved one due to carelessness, recklessness, or other negligence. Contact our Albany wrongful death attorney today for a free, confidential consultation.
What are the Elements
of a Personal Injury Claim?
Under Oregon law, there are specific criteria that a claimant (injured victim) must meet to be eligible to impose liability and recover financial compensation. In Albany, OR personal injury claim, victims must establish the following key elements:
- Duty of Care: To hold another party legally responsible for your accident, you must assert that they owed you a duty of care under the law. Setting the requisite standard of care is an important part of a personal injury claim.
- Breach of Duty (Negligence): Negligence is the breach of a duty of care. It comes in a wide range of different forms. Some examples include a motorist who texts and drives, a trucking company that fails to properly inspect/repairs its vehicles, and a property owner that does not remove a serious safety hazard.
- Causation: Personal injury liability is only imposed against a defendant if there is causation between negligence and injuries. Put another way, you must prove that the defendant’s failure to take due care actually contributed to the harm that you suffered.
- Damages: In Oregon, personal injury settlements/verdicts are designed to be largely compensatory in nature. You must prove the extent of your damages. Our Albany personal injury lawyer can help you seek compensation for medical bills, lost wages, loss of earning power, pain and suffering, permanent disability, and wrongful death of a family member.
You Can Rely On
Attorney Marc A. Johnston to Take
on Insurance Companies
Insurance companies are notoriously aggressive. They put a heavy amount of resources into training adjusters to protect the best interests of the company—not to ensure that you and your family have the financial support you need to put the pieces back together after a serious accident. Our founder Marc A. Johnston is an experienced Oregon personal injury attorney with the skills, experience, and tenacity to hold the big insurance companies accountable. We are always proactive. To learn more about our services, please review our client testimonials and get in touch with our Albany personal injury lawyer for answers to any specific questions or concerns.
Don’t miss out on these common personal injury mistakes.
Personal Injury: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)
For personal injury claims based on negligence, the Oregon statute of limitations is usually two years from the date of the accident. A lawsuit must be filed in a timely manner. Do not wait to get started: Consult with an Albany personal injury lawyer as soon as possible after a serious accident.
You cannot rely on an insurer to tell you the value of your claim. An experienced Albany, OR personal injury lawyer will thoroughly review your case and help you understand how much you can recover through the claims process. Your personal injury settlement/verdict should account for both economic and intangible damages, including medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Yes. With The Johnston Law Firm, LLC, there are no upfront costs or out-of-pocket expenses to hire a top-rated Albany personal injury attorney. We represent injured victims on contingency. Our law firm only gets paid when our clients get paid.
Contact Us for a FREE Consultation
– Michelle E.
Mr. Johnston and his firm were incredibly thorough in getting us a fair settlement from our insurance company with little to no pressure. We really appreciated having someone who truly cared about us every step of the way. I would highly recommend the Johnston Law Firm to anyone in need of personal injury representation.
Consult Call Our Albany, OR Personal Injury Lawyer for Immediate Help
At The Johnston Law Firm, LLC, our Albany personal injury attorney is committed to helping injured victims maximize their recovery. If you or your close family member was seriously hurt in an accident, we will protect your rights. Call us now or connect with us online to schedule your free case review. Our firm represents injured victims in Albany and throughout all of Linn County, including in Lebanon, Sweet Home, Harrisburg, Millersburg, and Brownsville.
Contact Us for a FREE Consultation
If you have been seriously injured at no fault of your own, please contact us using the form.
CALL 503-546-3167 NOW