Common Types of Car Accidents in Woodburn
As unexpected and as fast as car accidents happen, it can be difficult to avoid them. There also can be a difficult task to predict how it will happen. Below are some of the most common types of car accidents across the state of Oregon.
- Rear-end collisions
- Side swipe
- Head-on collisions
- Highway collisions
- T-bone collisions
Common Injuries in Woodburn Car Accidents
The following are some of the most common injuries resulting from car accidents.
- Lower leg trauma
- Head trauma
- Herniated discs in back
- Bulging discs in back
- Neck stiffness
What do I do after a car accident in Woodburn?
Being involved in a car accident can be a truly scary and unpredictable experience, but there are some key steps to follow if you are ever in one. Follow these steps to ensure not only your safety, but also your financial security for you and your family.
- Get you and your family to safety: pull off to a safe spot on the road, seek immediate medical attention if necessary.
- Exchange information with the other driver: obtain photos of their license and insurance coverage.
- Take pictures of vehicle license plate, vehicle damage of all vehicles involved
- Take pictures of any missing vehicle parts and street names
- DO NOT converse with the other parties about what happened
- Get home safely, or seek medical attention
- Call your insurance company and report the accident (DO NOT give a recorded statement before calling an attorney)
- Fill out a DMV accident report within 72 hours of the accident
- Contact the Johnston Law Firm for your free consultation to obtain advice and/or possible representation.
Filing your Auto Accident Claim on Time
If you or a loved one are injured in a car accident or pass away from those injuries, compensation might be eligible for you. When beginning a claim, you must first file it with your auto insurance company by reporting the accident to them. Make sure to also fill out a DMV accident report within 3 days of the accident. This deadline is not the only deadline you need to be aware of though, as there is one other very important one.
You have two years from the date of the accident to file a car accident claim with your experienced Woodburn car accident lawyer. Even though two years might seem like a substantial amount of time, it will fly by. The sooner you can contact us at the Johnston Law Firm, the sooner we, or another experienced attorney, can begin fighting for you.
If you fail to bring your claim within this two-year time frame, the state of Oregon will deem our case ‘time-barred’ and disallow you to receive compensation. Make sure to contact a Woodburn car accident attorney as soon as possible.
Free Confidential Case Evaluation
Contact us today at
to get a FREE, confidential case evaluation
We’re conveniently located in downtown Portland, and we offer flexible hours by appointment.